• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Burned out my sinuses

sweeeeeet :cool: thats a great ammount of chile powder!
I only have 1 question, how come you didnt save any dried pods for some meals instead of making all of them into powder ?
example the thai red, kung pao, cayenne for some stir frys.

I also plan on doing what you're gonna do - get a stash of dried chile powder of certain chiles, but some chiles I'm gonna keep as dried pods for uses other than being made into powder.
hey I'm a stir fry freak :oops: its nice to see chile pods :)

I have tried using dried pods, before I ground them all up and for some reason, I like the powder better. I still have a huge stash of frozen pods in the deep freezer, so when I need whole pods for cooking, that's no problem.

thats cool that ya saved some pods.
for dried pods just soak them in some hot water for awhile before using, & while you're cooking the meal (with pods in it) the pods also get cooked more, so its not as bad for the dry pod taste.

powder gives ya the more even spice throughout the meal, which is a big plus!

Man thats a lot of powder. That stuff is very lethal right up the ole snoot. I hope to make lots of powder this year, I got a dehydrator as a gift over the winter.

Well, my spice bottles came today from SKS Bottles . Here are my powders all nice and neat.
DSCF3098.jpg

That looks just fantastic mate! Ive just started drying some pods in the oven and am scared for the nose, about to grind! Argh!!

Such a cool job you have done!

Whats your favourite powder?

My favorite powder? Uhm...All of them, they each have their attribute. But I'd say that I use the Hab powders more since they are my favorite pepper.

Very nice indeed!

I can appreciate as it takes a LOT of chiles, time, and patience to make that much powder.

I'd made about 1/4 of a 91g shaker worth of hab powder, and that took a 1/2 a pound of fresh habs to make.

I like the difference in color between all of the different powders, but has anyone tried to make powder from yellow or even white peppers?

How does that turn out?

Good heavens! I think I well invest in some cheap dust mask so I do not kill my nose when I do that. God knows I will have plenty of peppers to choose from this year. My BIL likes to make chili so he will have some fun this year too.

Kevin

klorentz said:
Good heavens! I think I well invest in some cheap dust mask so I do not kill my nose when I do that. God knows I will have plenty of peppers to choose from this year. My BIL likes to make chili so he will have some fun this year too.

Kevin

Bandanas give ya the naughty Robber/Pirate look that DickT craves and are cheaper. ;P

I can't believe it...but, I'm almost out of Chocolate Hab Powder and Orange Hab Powder. I have given some away, but I think that these 2 are by far my favorite. This year I'm going to have to concentrate on making more so as to sustain myself. Would hate to run out...It would be like Iggy running out of beer. :lol:

Back