• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Burpee Seeds

I take care of my two elderly parents, which means spending countless hours in doctors waiting rooms. So lately after getting them situated I do some errands and waste time until their appointments are done. I decided to hit the local home stores looking for Biker Billy Jalapeno seeds as I read Burpee sells them. No luck on the BB's, but I did pick up Hot Lemon, Italian Pepperoncini, and Big Thai seeds. Does anyone have an opinion on these seeds?

They are seeds man, they will grow what they say they are so its all good in that department. You want me send you some different kind of seeds? I dont have BB Jala but I have a few other things you may like.

the burpee website has shitloads more than those gaylord seed display things.

i ordered from them like once? to get the X3R stuffing pepper cultivar.

good thing about pro seed companies is they know how to process raw seeds... they dont just gut a pod and swirl them around in water or what ever. they are dried to a constant moisture level, then processed and classified to remove jive debris and funky seeds that are too light, too large, too small, too heavy... 

Psychographic, want to first say you deserve great cudos for taking care of your folk.  Lost my mother recently, but was much the same for the last portion of her life.  Hats off to you sir. 

On Burpee, I have never had bad luck with their seeds.  They are very professional.  I do avoid them as best I can, but only because I'd rather spend my money with the underdog.  Still, when they have something I want that others don't, I buy them and they are always good.

many of our stores carry Burpee seeds, i have never found Biker Billy. i have hot lemon and they grow true. they do carry a red/yellow habanero mix but so far i have burned through an entire package of seed and only red habs.... no yellow.

I ordered three BB japs live plants and was very happy. They over wintered great and looking forward to pickling more pepper rings for burgers, nachos, salads this year. Forgot what it cost me with shipping. 3 plants cost $17. Burpee has free shipping on seeds right now.

Back