• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Butch T is amazing!

I was very fortunate to have been given some fresh jolokia and butch t peppers last week. For the past month I've been building my tolerance with different sauces and habanero peppers.

...Dave's Ultimate Insanity-taste like pepper extract and the heat level is medium

...Tropical Pepper Co. Ghost Pepper Sauce-very good sweet flavor and the heat does build,but did get used to this sauce very quickly and finished the bottle in a week.

There were a couple other so called "ghost pepper" sauces that were as hot as tabasco. I really want to call the people who made them and tell them to stop the false advertising and give me my $$ back,but that would be too time consuming.

Honestly I was scared to eat the jolokia whole and cut one up,tried small pieces at first,and then just ate a whole pepper and it really wasn't that hot to me. Very good flavor! A lot hotter than habs,but not the same kind hot.

Last night at my favorite pub,I brought in the butch t. I cut it in half and shared one half with some friends. The pieces my friends tried were very very small(like one flake) and their faces turned RED! After laughing my ass off,it's my turn. I popped the other half of the pepper in and chewed it up for a while. The flavor was excellent and was like,shit this ain't nothin! Then my head caught on fire and I started to do the hot pepper dance. Wow is all I have to say... I am amazed and I truely know what endorphins feel like now. And yes,as you were all expecting, I crapped out everything this morning!!!!

I'm not a big fan of the Butch T's flavor...a little too bitter for me. I prefer the sweeter taste of a nice, big, ripe chocolate or bhut jolokia instead. ;)

Even though my tolerance is high enough to eat whole peppers every day now,they still burn like fire for about 10 minutes. Pairing these peppers with food is incredible.

Back