• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Butch T pods from Ebay seeds..Update

Bought some seeds off ebay earler this year. Out of 10 only 2 sprouted. Already had most of my growing area taken up so just planted these 2 plants behind the garage. Not get much sun where they are and the soil is not real good.

Plants do have a good bit of pods on them for how well they grew. Not real tall at all though.

Here's some pics of pods.

Look like a cross of some kind with all the bumps on them.

Are they even Butch Ts?

I'd say they don't look like true Butch Ts, but as a cross they look even 'scorpioner' than trinidad scorpions.

how hot are they?

haven't had any ripe pods for someone to try as of yet...

I say 'someone' cause I really have never tried any of the hot peppers that I've grown in two years.
I've given all the ripe peppers I've grown away to friends who ask for them. Every weekend the ripe ones go to someone new. Got the next few weekends all booked up already for peppers to give out.

7000274866_9e86508e7c_z.jpg

^ lmao @willard3.......... WIN!....

it does look like a cross with some type of 7 pot n a scorp....... keep seeds n re-plant..... see what ya get next time around

You sir are supremely lucky! And I congratulate you :) I got seriously burned earlier this year (no pun intended), when the supposed Butch T seeds I got weren't even remotely close to Butch T's. I got only 4 De Arbol peppers from it, and had to put down the plant because of a bug infestation.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to dunk my fingers in ice because of the 1 1/4 pounds of Butch T's I cut up to put in my dehydrator today, despite triple gloving.

UPDATE: 9-30-12

Pods are starting to ripen up.

But don't think they going to take the cold we are getting here in SW Pa.
Going to have to dig this plant up and bring it in and hope for the best.

Those are really cool. Looks like the Ebay vender's TS seeds got crossed with a 7 pot. I wouldn't mind trading seeds for em (just send a pm if interested). I have Butch T. and other seeds for trade.

10-5-12

For those watching. Pods are ripening.

Only problem is, it going to the high 30's at night here in SW Pa next week starting Sunday.
Guess I'm going to have to dig up and repot for indoors to hopefully get these and the couple others to ripen.
These are still kind of orange now.

High 30s you should be okay with frost. If you're not in low areas, even better. Wind will help you too with the frost. Since it is just a couple of plants, you can also cover them to save em a little while longer. 5 gallon pail should work well since you say the plants didn't get too big.

Nice wicked pods!!!

Back