• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

CahJohn & the '10'

I know, I know, we've visited this fine sauce a few times before but I need some advice.

This sauce is sooo good, the flavor/heat is so well balanced that you can almost pick out all of the peppers individually.

It is my favorite sauce bar none.

I need to order up some more but with postage being what it is, I thought I'd get a few of his other products in the parcel.

If you were getting 3 CaJohn products aside from '10' what would you get? (hot -> extreme only please)

Thanks

I guess Stillmanz is talking about the Fatalii Puree!?

That's quite good and tasty, there just 80% Fatalii as well as some Lime and vinegar in there if I remember correctly!

Actually, all of the Purees are great!

Hey Bent,

I ordered 6 bottles for around 50 bucks. Got "10", Talon, Krakatoa, Fatalii Fire, Vicious Viper, and Jalapeno Puree. I like "10" best followed by Talon and Fatalii Fire but all great sauces. The viper tastes metallic because of the extract.

Bent, it may be that I read too many good reviews and set the bar too high, but Talon was a let down. I have many of the CaJohn line, and I'd put Talon at the bottom of the list. Like you, I think 10 is the best sauce I have ever had. The oness I have, in order of preference:

Liquid Stoopid
Black Mamba
Fatalli Puree
Vicious Viper
Z Nothing Beyond
Talon

Now don't get me wrong - I am using up the Talon, but only so I don't empty out my 10. I find it to be similar, but not as flavourful, and not as hot. The others provide a better contrast.

Also, like Iggy said, I would give Lethal Ingestion a try - it seems to be available on their website, and has been reviewed as quite hot...

I would reccomend Krakatoa for natural pepper flavor,Black Mamba for being one of the only clean tasting extract sauces (along with Defcon Zero), and Vicious Viper just because I like it. I am actually planning on calling Cajohn for a purchase soon myself. I am looking forward to trying the Lethal Ingestion and the Nagasaurus.

so far, i've only had the black mamba..based on that alone, i'd order plenty of your favorites as well as a few you may not have had yet. i really am looking forward to trying the other sauces..especially the fatilli fire and 10.

Back