• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Cajohn Mongoose

I recently had the golden opportunity of purchasing a bottle of Mongoose from a wine shop down here in Florida. It comes in a black box with a picture of the mongoose biting on a snake. The bottle itself is quite small and cute. The sauce itself is sort of brown and thin with tiny black particles in it (At least in the batch I got.) Aroma is what one would expect a mixture of chilis, vinegar, and extract. There are some online stores that market this sauce as nonextract. That is not true. While Mongoose is not laden with oleoresin, there definitely is some in there. I took a teaspoon of it and expected to get blown away. Strangely Mongoose to me is not as punishing as Blair's Ultra Death and maybe not quite as hot as Wanza's Wicked Temptation. The flavor is that of extracts and chilis, but unfortunately there was not as much Fatali flavor as I was hoping for.
So was I disappointed? Not really. It does have powerful heat enough to make my face tingle and weirdly even my teeth a little bit (which has never happened). But based on some other reviews I expected it to be even a little hotter than what it was. Fortunately I did not get any stomach cramps (which i get from certain extract sauces.) I have not tried Lethal Ingestion or Black Mamba but if anyone has can they please tell me how they compare heatwise and flavorwise to Mongoose?
Verdict: Heat 10/12, Flavor 6/10

Have a great day.

Mark

Back