• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

CaJohn's Fatalii fire & 10

This sauce is hot but oh man is it gooooood! (CaJohns 10) The first drop I tried on a riffled Potato Chip it went to the left side of my mouth and numbed it almost to the degree the dental shots do, I then put almost a half of a teespoon in my wifes Harvest Stew it was wonderful aroma and taste the heat was more in my body than in my mouth and did I mention the flavour was out of this world, I recommend you add this sauce to your collection. Two thumbs up from the Pepper Belly family.

I picked up both of these, along with a few others, from Taste of the 4th Sense in Toronto. Both are excellent. We have a Mexican night each New year's, and I'm just catching my breath ( Black Mamba was another purchase...:mouthonfire:)

Have had nachos and tortillas with both. Nice heat, and great flavour...Added the Black Mamba on my last one...which put me over the top...

These two sauces will definitely be regulars in my fridge, and it's nice I can get them without the shipping issues ( cost, delays ) I've had over the last year.

I give them both a 9 out of 10.

Both are in my fridge as I type Fattelli Puree and 10 along with Spontaneous combustion -- I can tell you that the Fattelli puree was a big surprise and was a lot hotter than I thought it would be took me by surprise I am almost done with 10 that goes great with all kinds of food and fattelli I am starting to use more of too.... My wife bought me that one ...

my bottle of 10 is open and kickin my ass right now .
I ate alot of daves crazy car sauce first so I think the vinagar it that sauce is making this one burn a bit more...
I like it it is really hot yet has a good flavor all the way .
buy it if you see it.
only bad thing is it is hotter than you think at first so you almost end up drinking it to really taste it then bang its hot so take it easy and enjoy.

imaguitargod said:
Ya, they taste very different.

Yeah - I don't really think you can compare the two. The Fatalli taste is very different from most other sauces. I added a tablespoon full to a bowl of chicken soup last night - it was great.

I find myself hoarding my 10 - I don't want it to run out... For my nachos I seem to be using a lot of Talon and Radical Heat, and cautiously using Z.

imaguitargod said:
Ya, they taste very different.

Good to know, I'm so happy to be out of that dreadful past where all my hot sauces I bought would taste like frank's red hot.

I love this wide world of burning pain.

Fatelli is definitly different it is just pureed Fatelli 10 is a mix of peppers fatelli,red savinas,orange habs,naga jolokia powder, black pepper, chile caribe, cayenne to name some of the ingredients .... its in my desk:)

Just be careful when ordering - CaJohns has a Fatalli Fire - great; and a Fatalli Puree - not so great...I bought the Puree by accident first, and am finding it hard to use up, whereas the Fire which I bought a month or two ago, is dwindling fast...

Hm, I like the purees. It depends on personal preferences, of course. If you don't like the taste of the pod, you won't enjoy the puree either.

I have ordered a pack of all purees and really like the Jalapeno and Chipotle puree. It's not that I don't like the Fatalii, I just haven't found any really good way of using it.. I know a few people who swear on it, so in the end, it's all a matter of taste.

I'm curious about the Serrano puree, I didn't want to open all the bottles at once.

Bubonic said:
Good to know, I'm so happy to be out of that dreadful past where all my hot sauces I bought would taste like frank's red hot.

I love this wide world of burning pain.

Yeah, those Fatali peppers really have a trippy taste.

I just ate 1/2 a reconstituted Fatali pod and it's got that fruity hab flavor, but almost like a squash got it on with a pineapple.... LOL!

Plenty hot too, nice 'all-the-way-down' warm for about 10 minutes. :D

IDK, if the heat really is less than if was fresh, I'd assume it is somewhat. These came from Hippy, and they are super-fresh even if dried..not brittle and awesome aroma.

Next pod soaking: Red Savina

-Q

Back