• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

harvesting California Harvest

Hello all, Responding to a question from my welcome thread. I live a mile from the ocean in Santa Barbara, i.e. cool spring highs to 65 until June. August highs upper 70's. ,six or so days in the mid 80's.Now in Sept still in the mid 70's daytime-mid 50's nighttime. Well Thai's awesome quantities. Super chilis over the top. Cayenes so-so. Paparika's marginal. Carabien Red Hab's just harvesting a bumper crop and extremely Hot. Purria's 150= per plant and Hot My Dorset Naga's first pick in a few day's and Red savinia's about a week away. All in all wonderful year for Hot Peppers here. Later start because of cooler spring YET THEY HAVE suprised me with both Quantity and Quality i.e. heat and flavour. Note to all readers, when planning for next years crop use the size of your plants now at harvest time to ensure proper spacing of next years crop!! LET IT BURN!!:lol::lol: cRAYZy

Me and a co-worker just split a rather large, perfect-looking Bhut Jalokia that I Picked from my garden two days ago (my first of many). Came within a hairs' breath of hurling it back up, it's so damn hot. Christ, those things are deadly. Makes me wonder if So-Cal is Jalokia heaven.
Overall, I wish my quantity was better this year, but my quality is top-notch.

Back