• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Can anyone I.D. this?

Hello everyone, It is my first grow season, I started a bit late but so glad I found people that are knowledgeable in my newest hobby.

Here below Is what was said to be a "Ghost/Scotch Bonnet Hybrid" from the person whom gave me the seeds.. However I am not sure on exactly what it is. Can anyone perhaps give me a hint?

Sorry if the photos are too big.

GJpmS4v.jpg
Wt847ZN.jpg

Thanks for the reply, I was going through all kinds of peppers it could be considering the flower & shape of the pod.

I never thought to check a Serrano, would it be safe to eat while green and that size or should I wait until they turn red and 3" long?

The first of the pepper that grew didn't want to get any bigger than 1" long and was starting to get corking, but all the other pods surpassed it and are 2" to 3" long, 1" round with a taper to a point.

I was out watering the plant the other morning and the pepper just popped off in my hand very easily when I was looking at it to see if it had gotten any bigger, I sat around for a day debating on eating it while smelling the pepper and getting a slight Jalapeno scent from the little firecracker..

I took it over to a friends house, we decided to give it a try and boy that little bugger was pretty spicy for its size and tasted like a very mild flavored Jalapeno... Are Serrano's that similar to Jalapeno's?

Back