• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Can anyone tell me what this is?

Can anyone identify these?
A87pU.jpg

f5UP5.jpg

First blush would be a Scorpion of some kind.. The top pic, a part of me wants to say it's some kind of a Scorp hybrid, but I could be wrong.. Bottom one looks like an unripened version of a longtail scorpion pic I saw last month...

I've seen wide variation in Butch T pod shapes, so the fact that it looks like a scorpion is probably a good sign. Wait for it to ripen and eat it. If it tears you a new one, then you got the right thing ;)

That second pic looks a lot like my avatar. And my avatar is a Butch T pod, it's just a little fatter at the bottom than yours, but it started out looking very much like that.

Thanks for the info. I have never grown anything like this before. I don't know if any of my pods are near full size or not. How long on average do they take to ripen? I know patience is required but i'm just curious.

It varies from one individual pod to another, but from the time you first see them, expect them to begin doing the color change in at least 2-3 weeks, give or take. I remember getting really anxious for the color to start changing on my De Arbols after the pods stopped growing.

Fair warning though, don't freak out if it's been a month and they still haven't changed color. One of my pods took over a month to fully ripen.

I'm pretty excited about these. I have no idea what I'm going to do with them though, I have 2 plants. I'm hoping they ripen sooner than later. Thanks!

Yeah the first pods are the most anxiety-ridden ones. But be prepared, if the first ones are already coming, and its the plant's first year, expect more :)

Back