• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

overwintering Can I encourage this Cayenne to thrive over winter?

Success!!!

Trimmed it back last night, moved it to a really bright, south facing window and look what has appeared in less than 24 hrs :D :D :D

zBUWfs3l.jpg

Its going to grow....... :dance: :dance:

BurnsExcellentSticker.jpg

dragonsfire said:
This is what I use, I have two of them, very bright full spectrum,plants love em and you dont have pink all over the place :)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss/254-7517634-6279739?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Hydrofarm+FLCDG125D

Thanks, I'll keep a note of that one. :)

I have a daylight tube to bring on my seedlings, designed to encourage leaf growth in tropical tanks (I haven't kept tropical fish for a long time but the colour spectrum certainly helped bush out my tank plants), I'm hoping the boost from a window change might be enough for this one and the Habernero (It's also directly above a radiator which can only help)

That said, it's good to have a plan B ;)

lol, Im using power-glo lights in one of my tanks for some plants that I turned into a terrarium :)
Still have a 20 gal, my 55gal frame cracked a month ago.

I've got a 60 gallon still which is hardscaped for African Mbuna....no need for plants in there, hence the change of tubes ;)

Cichlid's are hard on the environment and other fish , never got into them, wanted salt tank but way to expensive.
Farlowella the most exotic I had Barbs and Corry I like.

It needs more light and probably more heat.

The coldest place in your house is right next to the window. Chiles are a warm climate plant.

Just an update - I can safely say that the Cayenne is trying...

This was taken this morning

0ycGzgtl.jpg

Fingers crossed this is just the start of it bushing out. I'm feeding it a Nitrogen based plant food at the moment to help with leaf production. I'll switch to a more phosphate one once it has re-established

Jip, these plants want to live , it's up to us not to kill them . Easy on the water and nutes in winter.

Yup, keeping an eye on the soil....

I'm looking at a watering around the outside of the pot about once a fortnight at the moment with a half strength nutrient mix - seems to be working for this one and the little Habenero I'm teasing into life :)

It is definitely trying to survive........those new sprouts are a great sight.

Back