• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Can I grow these seeds?

Hello everyone, my friend gave me some full grown ghost peppers, the only thing I am worried about is that most of them were green, There was one slightly orange one, I harvested some seeds from them and planted them in hopes that they will grow, my question is, will they germinate I have the correct temperature and soil to grow them in, but I am worried they will not grow.

Normaly best time to harvest seeds is when the pod is slightly overripe. If you havn't cut them all up yet you could try popping them in a paper bag together with a ripe banana or apple and let them ripen some more. this should happen in 4 to 5 days or so.

Thanks for welcoming me, I already harvested and planted the seeds, I would love to know if they would grow though, I would be really disappointed if they won't =(.

There is a good chance some of the seeds will sprout. Even maturer green peppers can have some viable seeds

I have had them in their cups for around 5 days now, I just planted some last night as well I am hoping for the best as I REALLY would like them to grow.

and be very patient! i was about to give up on some seeds that i have been germintaing for 25+ days and yesterday i went to check on the and had my Choc Scorps and Datils sprout! so dont give up on them!

I'm guessing you'll probably get a few to sprout, I think you would be better off having dried some and waited a little while though, vs. trying to germinate fresh seeds.

Are you friends' plants still alive? You could take some cuttings if so, it's very easy to do.

Yes, his plant is alive and healthy, but I ordered 20 seeds yesterday so they will be arriving in the mail shortly, I also ordered some peat pellets, I really hope this batch grows, if not i'll ask for a cutting.

I'm a small jaunt down the road in Gettysburg, welcome. i also am waiting an some seeds to sprout for this winter.

some jamacian hot chocolates and some butch T's, i already have a nice size bhut and a grand bell already about a foot or 2 tall.

Back