• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

can some tell me what kind of peppers these are.

OK, I;m new to this site and hot pepper growing so sorry for all the questions but maybe someone can help me out.

0816071124.jpg

Someone gave me this plant, the peppers are hot but i have no clue what it is, any ideas?

0816071124c.jpg

These were supposed to be regular naga jolokia but this one plant is producing purple peppers. Any one know what they are?

0816071124b.jpg

My Naga jolokia, how long would you say before they are mature?

The top pic definitely looks like some kind of habanero or scotch bonnet. To be more specific, it would probably need to ripen. Have you plucked any ripening pods fromit?

I don't have anything to compare it to. none of my nagas are mature yet, but they are probably the hottest pepper i've ever had.

jarvass85 said:
I don't have anything to compare it to. none of my nagas are mature yet, but they are probably the hottest pepper i've ever had.

Ok, so what peppers have you had? I'm asking because heat is relative. What I find to be plenty hot, bentalphanerd finds "Unworthy". I made Caribbean Red poppers for my beloved geek boy, and he was sweating and hiccuping and asking if that was revenge of making me watch "Murder on Flight 502" the week before.

i've had a few of the peppers he's growing. the best explaination i have is they have a similar reaction to the hot sauce called the bomb (1.8 million scoville). one drop of that creates this almost explosion feeling, where the heat spreads from the spot where the sauce lands and it lasts like 15-20 minutes with about 5 minutes of hiccuping, the pepper has a similar feeling, but i ate half of the pepper at once and the burning lasted maybe 5-10 minutes with hiccups for the first maybe 2 minutes.

Ok, so i haven't eaten a lot of really hot peppers, but I have had 1.5 million SHU hot sauce before(some kind of Blair's sauce). This pepper had a very similar burn to that. Like jalapenos and habaneros are not even close. When my nagas are mature i'll compare them to that.

I think your 1st plant is a caribbean red. 2nd plant I dont know but it looks to dark green to be a naga jolokia & are you sure they're turning purple instead of them turning that way just from the sun ?

as for your naga jolokia, IMO it wont be as hot as the caribbean red but still will have a alright spice to them. as for when they'll be ripe, all you can do is guess so I'll say 2 weeks

How can it be bad with the likes of Ralph Bellamy, Sonny Bonno, Farah Fawcett and Danny Bonaduci --- I would have made them for my wife if she did that to me as well

LUCKYDOG said:
How can it be bad with the likes of Ralph Bellamy, Sonny Bonno, Farah Fawcett and Danny Bonaduci --- I would have made them for my wife if she did that to me as well

A movie with a cast like that just helps the pro-gun lobbyists.

Back