• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Can someone help me with my "fat reddies"

No I don't need some kind of topical ointment... I was just wondering if anybody could ID these for me?

3186143413_33bbfbae80_b.jpg

I cant for the life of me figure them out, at first I thought the plant was an African Devil but when I google those they look completely different??

They've got a pretty decent kick when eaten raw (much hotter than my cayennes and about on par with my Pusa Jwalas, but obviously fat reddies are much larger)

I don't know about that because I've got some jalapenos growing right beside them, they would have to of been from the same seed set and they look much different, even the leaves on the plant look a little different, also none of them are red and these were all planted at the same time...

could be a freak of nature I suppose :?:

If you're referring to the cherry bomb, they don't look like cherry bomb peppers to me.

Where did you get the plant/seed? What species is it? Post a picture of the flower, if you're not sure.

Look like jalapenos to me too. I'm seeing the tell-tale corking (although very lightly). Do they turn blackish before they turn red?

Eat one. Does it taste like a jalapeno??

Well African Devil it is not. looks a lot like a JalapeƱo, so at least it's some kind of relative.

Back