• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Can somone please tell me

Hay, i'm avi from israel, a fan of Hot peppers, used to grow jalapeno.
last day i bought new pepper bush, can u help me determine what kind of pepper is that?
i can tell you that it supper hot, much more then the usual jalapeno.
Many thanks, avi:
evil%20hakfar-2011-09-19_205828_tell.jpg

i've made a toast last night to test it... lol
a testing toast, it blew my mind.
Friend told me its Capsicum annuum, but in wikipedia it shows a variety of forms
so i came here, to the "Kindom of peppers" for an answer.

It looks like a C. annuum to me, but not one I have ever seen. What are the dimensions of the pods? Can you cut one open along its major axis and take a photo of it?

Oops, I forgot...Welcome to the THP forums! You are in the right place.

Hey Avi,
Welcome to THP. :)

Everything except for the leaves seems to point to C. annuum. can you take a picture of a flower?
Either way, C. annuum is a species, and like most other species it contains many, many different chiles. looks like a keeper. :)

The pods do look like a classic C. annuum variety, so that must be it. there are way too ornamentals that look like that to 100% identify. didn't it have a label or something?

Oh trust me you don't even know the half of it. there are much, much, much, much, *much* hotter peppers. :hell:

Is there anyway you can go back to where you bought the plant and see if they can remember what they ordered. That's assuming you bought it at a retail outlet. Maybe they could look up on an invoice and see. It looks like a pepper I see around the holidays. It has a generic name, called Christmas Pepper! Alot of help I know... Good luck.

I havent' got a clue other than like Omri, I think it is an annuum...and in my experience, the hottest annuum I have had are the Jamaican hot varieties or the wild tepins...

I believe u omri, tell, do u know where can i get ghost Pepper seeds in israel?
The place where i got that pepper know's nothing about it, its more like a drung store then a plants store, i asked her she knew nothing but it is an hot pepper...

I believe u omri, tell, do u know where can i get ghost Pepper seeds in israel?
The place where i got that pepper know's nothing about it, its more like a drung store then a plants store, i asked her she knew nothing but it is an hot pepper...
Where do you live? could give you fresh pods, or if you're too far away... will mail you seeds.

Is no one going to comment on the mating cow salt and pepper shakers in the background?
Why am I always the first to notice things like that?!?
Hilarious!!

Is no one going to comment on the mating cow salt and pepper shakers in the background?
Why am I always the first to notice things like that?!?
Hilarious!!

roflmao...those are hogs or guinea pigs not cattle...roflmao

just giggin' ya emu...

Back