• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Can this babies survive?

Hello guys!

I have about 8 plants on this condition. I just wondering as you can see some of the leaves are white but not dry.

my suspect is from the moment they sprout I never turned the light off. but the light is just a crappy light from my 40 gallon aquarium. and I actually put these plants on the aquarium I dont know if that is a good idea.

over watering? i dont think i did over water them.

all of them have their top (where the new growth comes) dried and I dont have a choice but to pinch them, but since i did that they seem to be stucked in there they did not grow new leaves, but now the white leaves seems to be improving and some of them are now full green after I put them on the window. but my main concern the top that i pinched.

one more possibility is, I am using a insecticide which is made from daisy ectract do you think that might have burnt them?

I appreciate your reply.thank you!

8629464813_a0d07680c7_z.jpg

They need better lights!~ Are you feeding them? They should survive, provided you give them what they need!

Oh yes they will survive, peppers are real warriors they can handle anything.

I think you should :

#1 - Give them a lot more light
#2 - Give them a little of Nitrogen
#3 - Avoid using any insecticide

Does your pots have holes for drainage ?

Although you are adamant that you didn't, that looks like a classic case of over-watering to me.

Just looking at the soil even, it looks heavily saturated.

The good news is that they don't look to be in unrecoverable shape, and if you correct the situation I'm sure they will do just fine.

Try putting holes in the bottom of those cups to allow drainage, and also consider bottom watering.

Oh yes they will survive, peppers are real warriors they can handle anything.

I think you should :

#1 - Give them a lot more light
#2 - Give them a little of Nitrogen
#3 - Avoid using any insecticide

Does your pots have holes for drainage ?

whoaaahhh!!! on that picture theres no drainage, but I just poked a hole at the bottom when i noticed they are on a bad shape. I will be putting some 26-8-16 this weekend! thanks

whoaaahhh!!! on that picture theres no drainage, but I just poked a hole at the bottom when i noticed they are on a bad shape. I will be putting some 26-8-16 this weekend! thanks

Ok so consider the over-watring option HwyBill mentioned in #1 priority. Peppers hate too much water. I only pour an espresso cup of mineral water on my pepper every week but they are smaller than yours. So two cup per week should be enough for yours.

The deep brown color of that soil suggests you are massively over-watering.

The yellowing of the leaves also suggests you are over-watering.

They will definitely bounce back... but lay off the watering!!!

Ok so consider the over-watring option HwyBill mentioned in #1 priority. Peppers hate too much water. I only pour an espresso cup of mineral water on my pepper every week but they are smaller than yours. So two cup per week should be enough for yours.
will do that buddy thanks

Reactions: PHB
looks like all above have it covered too much water not enough quality sunlight, check your soil for nutrient content, most soil will feed babies up to 3 months without a need to add radical fertilizers of any kind.

Back