• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Can you eat a Habanero straight??

patrick said:
Hey munchman, congrats on defeating the mighty Red Savina! Now all you have left to face is the slayer of false chiliheads, the incomprehensible, eye-opening, mind altering heat of the Indian cobra snake chilies. :lol:

Good luck.
I agree, you need to graduate to the Bhut Jolakia or the Naga Morich. This is my first year for both and love it!

Don't forget the Fatali..it's in a class of it's own for both flavor and heat.

Or, try a Chocolate Habanero for "WTF..that's not a habanero" Fun. :)

IMO, pure pain and heat....Bih/Bhut Jolokia. Is just mean.

Nothgin like it. Like a punch in the throat...with fire. Morich/Dorset they have at least flavor then fire...not the Bih.

Has a sweetish, piqunte, almost floral start...for abotu 15-30 seconds. Then, IT BEGINS.

Then, after a minute, it REALLY begins. Then, about 3mins in, you wonder WHY you ever did this stoopidness because it hasn't peaked yet.. :lol:

10-20 mins later, you remember to breathe again.

CHeers,

QS

have been looking for fataliis but I can't find them anywhere near, at least not fruits. only seeds. would like to try growing my own but might be a bit expensive if I have to grow them inside, with all those lights and stuff I'll need.. or something

munchzilla said:
have been looking for fataliis but I can't find them anywhere near, at least not fruits. only seeds. would like to try growing my own but might be a bit expensive if I have to grow them inside, with all those lights and stuff I'll need.. or something

Hmm, try the UK.

They shoudl have. :P

My bro from UK has his fruiting now so others should too.
If ya need help, I can seearch.

DAMN! I LOST!!!!!! I had the naga jolokia today, and shit shit shit it was hot. my stomach is really bad right now! the taste was nice for a couple of seconds but damn... never again!

I think I will stick to the habs and naga sauces instead. wow I feel a bit dizzy... really weird feeling.

I can eat a bell or banana pepper! I can even tolerate an unripe Hungarian Hot Wax (love them on cheeseburgers) but that's about it.

Mike

wordwiz said:
I can eat a bell or banana pepper! I can even tolerate an unripe Hungarian Hot Wax (love them on cheeseburgers) but that's about it.

Mike
Awww, wordwiz! I thought you had more of a tolerance that that!

imaguitargod said:
Trust me...you will do it again...we all do....

Welcome to the endorphin rush. You'll get a feeling of euphoria, dizzy, and may see bright colors.

well, I don't think I'll eat a fresh one just like that. but in food it actually works very well, does not get too hot either...

but I still want to try those scorpions and 7 pots....

Curious..you said it was a naga jolokia?

Some of those are long and skinny PC-1 hybrids, and not near as hot as the "real" ones like the Naga Morich, Bih Jolokia or Bhut Jolokia.

The true ones are sorta hab-shaped but longer. :D

wordwiz said:

Mike

Nice that your honest with your tastes mike although,You ought to come round here and ill do you a few nice bengali curry's you'll love the heat and taste,And no need to provide a sauna as ill get you sweating ;)

talas said:
Nice that your honest with your tastes mike although,You ought to come round here and ill do you a few nice bengali curry's you'll love the heat and taste,And no need to provide a sauna as ill get you sweating ;)

I DEMAND A RECIPE NOW!

pretty please ;)

And don't feel bad munchzilla, I feel your pain. I ate a whole chocolate habanero that made me throw up, burned the crap out of my stomach and burned worse on the way up. Same thing happened when I ate a piece of a T. Scorpion. I guess I'm just a hurler. I decided that for now when I try superhots I'm going to chew them up and spit them out. I still get the ridiculous burn but w/o the vomit :):lol:

Hopefully one day my stomach will be as badass as the rest of me.

talas said:
You ought to come round here and ill do you a few nice Bengali curry's you'll love the heat and taste,And no need to provide a sauna as ill get you sweating
THAT'S what I'm sayin!

I'm a curry addict.

Have noodles, have vegetables, have meat, have curry, have almost anything at all.......all is good.

Sweat is good.

NatGreenMeds said:
THAT'S what I'm sayin!

I'm a curry addict.

Have noodles, have vegetables, have meat, have curry, have almost anything at all.......all is good.

Sweat is good.
Good Sweat witha curry and beer is better than a Sauna any day :)
theHippySeedCo said:
Naga's Rock

Seriously :)

But a Fatali, Yeaaaa got to try them just for the diff Burn,, Love it and they are pretty hot too

Fatalii thai red ped pananag oo yes that would be awesome Neil :beer:

QuadShotz said:
Curious..you said it was a naga jolokia?

Some of those are long and skinny PC-1 hybrids, and not near as hot as the "real" ones like the Naga Morich, Bih Jolokia or Bhut Jolokia.

The true ones are sorta hab-shaped but longer. :)

Back