• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

CaneDog - Off-Season Season 2018/19

Thought I'd post a few pics of what I have going on indoors this off-season.  I used to do a winter indoor grow about every season, but this will be my first in a couple years now.  I went a bit over-board with the number of plants, as usual, but I've culled a few already and I have expansion room if needed.

I'm using a handy little extra walk-in closet to start things out. Keeps temp well and makes it easy to chill and work with the plants.

20181008_PWalk30.jpg

Most everything's potted up into 1g Boxer Browns now.  Here's a few of this season's players.

Baha Goat
_20181119_BGoat.jpg

Fatalii
_20181119_Fatty.jpg

Bhut Jolokia White - topped it early on as it was already wanting to branch like crazy
_20181119_BJWhiteTopped.jpg

Butch T
_20181119_TScorpBT2.jpg

Kathumby starting to bud up
_20181119_Kathumby.jpg

And this guy is a 7 Pot White that sprouted late right up against another plant, so I yanked it out.  It had what seemed like only about 2mm of root still attached, but I stuck it in Kratky and it not only survived but seems fairly happy.
_20181119_7PW_KratkyTop.jpg

CD

Little CPR on this thread for a CGN 21500 cutting update.  Day IDK, like 60???

CaneDog said:
Pretty sure I've had this CGN21500 cutting going over a month now.

Any bets on whether it fruits before it roots?

20190226_CGN21500.jpg

karoo said:
cool,
roots

Winner!

Ghost Pepper Revolution said:
Arent you suppose to remove the flowers when rooting because the plant focuses on fruiting instead of rooting?
:dance:

Apparently it's not completely necessary, at least not if you're willing to wait about 2 months for a root.

sinensis said:
CaneDog i love the cutting holder you made with the open cell foam.

also despite being so old (over a month wow, peppers root slow), the leaves look healthy. i think that amount of foliage is the correct amount, nice to see a good example of how to do it.

It was definitely slow sinensis, probably due in part to my method being less than optimal.  It did make it though, so maybe it was in a good range for the amount of foliage.

Close up of the root just starting to grow out - click for zoom.
20190311%20-%20CGN21500%20Root.jpg

Refraction shot, with the root appearing simultaneously below and above the water line.
20190311%20-%20CGN%20Refrac.jpg

Back