• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Can't stop eating habeneros....

I have never really eaten fresh pepper pods. Now I can't stop. Can i get different types online somewheres ? Any "preferred" suppliers out there ?

-- Mega

I have a similar problem locating a decent supplier. Habaneros are one of the most ubiquitous varieties of hot peppers available. I have even had a difficult time locating whole cayenne peppers. You may want to probe a farmer's market or even a local flea market that has vendors that sell fresh produce. However, most of these are probably seasonal and will most likely only have produce available in the late summer.

i dont know of any (i have a local grocery store that has them year round but the price is too much) Scan the local grocery stores produce isles until you find one that has them :)

Winn Dixie in my home town sells orange hab (and congo red trinidad, neon yellow, and red carribean all as orange habs) 10 for a dollar... I have spent a few dollars needless to say :)

The grocery stores don't know enough, or care enough, or else thing their customers don't care enough to label them properly...

All the aforementioned pods all came from the bin marked "orange habenero".

More than half were not even orange.

my store carries red habs and they are labeled habanero peppers i buy them every once in a while because i don't like spending $10 a pound

Orange habs only cost $4 or so a pound here. there are quite a few mexican grocery stores around here with all kinds of cheap peppers too.

Back