• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

CAPCOMS COCOA GROW 2017

I am starting early this year. maybe 3-4 weeks left here for outdoor growing and it will be time to put most of it to rest. I will be bringing a few plants indoors for the winter and as such, my seed starts my be more restricted this year. Lots of white flies showing up this fall and I would like to check them before the indoor retreat. Aphids? Yeah, they may hitch a ride but they are of no concern to me.

Big changes to next years grow. going to container grow again, but I am upgrading to 10 and 15 gal pots. haven't decided which yet though. 10s are wider and 15 gal are deeper.

I will continue using Nectar for the Gods nutrient line as it has not let me down and I am making inquiries as to setting up a tea making process as well.

My seed starts will be determined by what varieties I can obtain in the next few months and my inventory. I will post a list of them shortly, as well as my extended grow plants.

Oh, why cocoa grow 2017? cause 95% of my grow this coming year is going to be chocolates. So I will be looking for anything and everything chocolate and high heat is of no concern.

D3monic said:
Was a crappy year for me as well. not sure if it was our weather or what.

Definitely the weather was a huge factor. Nutrients were another for me. Among a few others.

HOT CHOCOLATE!
not a huge harvest, but better that nothing.

20170917_220837.jpg

What nutrients are you using? If you need some pods for powder I have a bunch that I don't have time to deal with. I've just been rough chopping and packing them into the fermenter jugs. I can snail mail you some if you need some.

I had been using NFTG but I have noticed issues over the past two growing seasons that I feel are detrimental to the grow from the start. Going to start looking for a new source or means of supplying nuts to the plants.

Very considerate of you to make the offer, I will know better my situation after I have ground the pods to powder. Thank you

I use dry nutrients from hydro-gardens in Colorado. It's a 3 part mix that's tailored to certain crops. They have pepper, cucumber, tomato, and lettuce formulas. It tons cheaper than liquid ferts. Just pm me if you do need some pods. I got a bunch of different chocolates as well as a few buthlah dm's that are pumping out huge hot ass pods.

Sorry to hear that your grow is not as good as you have had in previous years.
If it's a small consolation your Choc Borg 9 is very much bang on the money, real nice pheno, nice blistered pimply looking pod. Not best flavour raw, but great smoked dried and flaked/powdered.
Really hope next season is better for you and look forward to seeing you with plants loaded up. Good luck...

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the kind words. I am hearing that the weather has been a factor in sevetral grows in other geographic areas as well. I have heard that about Borg 9s regarding fresh flavors, good to know. Almost everything I grow gets dried and ground but I do enjoy tasting a few fresh ones while the season lasts.

SEASON IS OVER.

just picked last pods for drying and done.

I received a nice SFRB of chocolate pods from a fellow forum member, deseeded and dried the pods. There were some very interesting pods included that will definitely make the cut for growing next year. Whats more, I get to taste them this year.

SEE NEW GLOG........

Back