• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

capsaicin vs. cancer

xgrafcorex said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/6244715.stm

pretty interesting article, i didn't realize capsaicin was already used in medicine. that would be cool if it turns out to be an effective tool against cancer.

Yes,

Especially colon cancer since it often works as a laxative. I know also of some of the other health benefits of it.. I mean I seen alot of chiliheads that eat alot and are fairly skinny.. lol I am on the slender side myself so the affects on the metabolims are clear. Plus it is supposedly works as an aphrodisiac so I hope chiliheads are getting that thing going.. Myself right now am not, lol..

Pepper Belly said:
Well I eat tons of capsaican and I'm morbidly obease. But it prolly has helped me be not as fat as I could be.

Well I am 140 and 6'0 but believe its not from hot sauce... lol.. I have had alot of problems to deal with.. I was 230 and it started out as a diet but then got to something worse...

Pepper Belly said:
Well I eat tons of capsaican and I'm morbidly obease. But it prolly has helped me be not as fat as I could be.

Same here, but the booze certainly doesn't help me either.

Pepper Belly said:

Hang on, you're in the army. Don't you have to do assault courses and stuff?

Duck, I'm in the same boat as you. I can pretty much eat and drink what I want with weight impunity.

However, one day our metabolisms will slow down...

Back