• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense carolina reaper almost 2 months later

See the marketing guy online, posting on other threads, but no answer here.

And if you think about......think......if google brings people to this thread, people will realize there has been no verification of anything. They will realize the farce that has been perpetuated.

Eventually the truth will come, whichever way it goes, only the documentation can tell.

these,s are 7 weeks old 50% germination

Attachments

• hp22b 001.JPG
    hp22b 001.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 68
A buddy gave me some seeds, have not planted them. But he came by and gave me a seedling. So I have a plant as well, in a 10 gallon smart pot. It is about 5 inches tall.

Also have 5 primos going, eager to see if they are similar.

What documentation are you looking for? They released the Winthrop Univ. report a couple of months ago. The methodology used by the Guinness Book of World records is designed to reward outliers, and doesn't necessarily say anything about the heat consistency of a strain.

It is almost a certainty that other pepper varieties will come around sooner rather than later and be shown to have higher average Scoville ratings. But it seems to me that Ed Currie has done this right - you can always legitimately argue about what's actually "the hottest" pepper, and Carolina Reaper can legitimately claim to be a necessary part of that conversation.

I found the link to Guinness Book of world records for hottest pepper:
http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/records-1/hottest-chili/

However, it does not go into the methodology at all aside from test site and test date. Does anyone have a link to the specific methodology? What matters is how many peppers were tested, what type of average was used (mean, median, mode), the margin of error, what was done with outliers, etc.

See the marketing guy online, posting on other threads, but no answer here.

And if you think about......think......if google brings people to this thread, people will realize there has been no verification of anything. They will realize the farce that has been perpetuated.

Eventually the truth will come, whichever way it goes, only the documentation can tell.

And the way google works if you think about it....think.... is that it will float all of the links associated with those keywords. This thread won't be the first.

Marketing. You are helping them more than hurting. Just sayin.

But it may be read, better to have information available. Makes it easier to have information.......to think.

If people think you're credible in your naysaying.

Most of the world's going to think the marketing material is more credible than a bunch of nameless faceless dorks on an Internet forum.

If they think.

That's what I think anyway.

Armac, I'm not one to get involved in things such as this, but I just wanted to throw in my $.02. You and LDHS obviously do not see eye to eye on this, but when I read his statement I did not take it as a personal attack on you. I very well could be wrong. I took it more as this: To someone not from THP, who doesn't "know" us, and happens to stumble across this, we are all nameless and faceless. We could be a 13 year old who has no clue, a homeless person logging in at a local library, or a Harvard professor. I mean no disrespect and the last thing I wish to do is make enemies. Quite the opposite, I only wish to keep the peace. As I said I very well could be wrong, but when I read it I didn't take it as an attack. Best wishes to all.

We see things differently. He could have worded that differently he chose to resort to name calling which shows a lack of intelligence and maturity. I chose not to lower myself to that level.

So I will not respond to it.

Lets not get to off the topic--->[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]has there been any documentation released that i have missed?[/background]
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]No not that i have seen yet.[/background]
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]But Ed himself posted this almost 2 months ago--> [/background]R there really this many pages, anyone is free to message me or call, but know I work from 530 am til 3 and have a nine month old, besides 30 acres of fields. So if I don't answer I'll call you back. As soon as I get a soft copy of the updated data we r sending to Guinness , I will post it here first, joe is a good man, thanks for being there brother.

You guys should just give Ed a break ya know maybe he can't use the printer at his job or they do not have enough paper there to print a "soft copy" it might be massive 500+ pages?
Maybe he has no time> 11 month old, 30 acres, full time job, or maybe he types with just one finger?
He might not have a printer or paper or very limited access to a computer to do these things.
A lot of these things cost money to do maybe he has only sold 3000 seed packs not 10,000+ (i got 2 pks) making a "soft copy" is maybe just to expensive...there is paper involved, ink, electricity i am sure this would cost well over 10 bucks?

Well this year the HB22B next year or maybe this year who knows there might be HB22C ? HB22H if he can get them Stable (or not) and then i would be more concerned about the documentation ...Like yea did you ever produce any concrete proof or a "soft copy" or your first creation??
Doesn't really matter does it, he will still sell the new Hotter ones down the road HB22 LMNOP's because we want them hot, we like to hear new hot news.
Would be cool though if the "soft copy" would get here with in the next aahha month or two.

I said it before and I'll say it again to emphasize the point. I doubt anyone has anything against Ed. If I had to make a guess, I would say that the backlash is from the hyper-aggressive marketing campaign that was based on some pretty bold statements. Once it is grown in people's gardens and they start to post about their experiences with this particular pepper we will all know whether it is smoke or fire. That is the only test that ultimately matters.

Back