• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Carolina Reaper cross - Chocolate!

I took Reaper seeds from long-tailed pods last year and grew them out this year. From a few different growers. Anyway, one plant has Chocolate pods. The plant is weak and not very productive, but I will try to overwinter and clone.

The aroma and flavour are suggestive of 7-pot douglah, BUT the burn profile is very very different. The Brown Moruga, to me, has a unique burn profile. Well, it`s no longer unique, as this pepper is just the same. There are a couple of other aspects that also point towards Brown Moruga being the other partner, but I guess we`ll never really know. The pepper also has the same low down throat burn exactly like the Reaper does. I`m looking forward to seeing what the F2 generation throws up. 

For your viewing pleasure, Here you go,

Nigel said:
I took Reaper seeds from long-tailed pods last year and grew them out this year. From a few different growers. Anyway, one plant has Chocolate pods. The plant is weak and not very productive, but I will try to overwinter and clone.

The aroma and flavour are suggestive of 7-pot douglah, BUT the burn profile is very very different. The Brown Moruga, to me, has a unique burn profile. Well, it`s no longer unique, as this pepper is just the same. There are a couple of other aspects that also point towards Brown Moruga being the other partner, but I guess we`ll never really know. The pepper also has the same low down throat burn exactly like the Reaper does. I`m looking forward to seeing what the F2 generation throws up. 

For your viewing pleasure, Here you go,

Really cool Nigel! Given the shape do you think there is any Naga/Bhut blood in it?

PepperLover said:
Cool Nigel.
it seems thick like brown moruga, so this could be really nice combination 

Judy are you going to test the Brown Moruga or it doesn't matter that much to you? I read everywhere that it could easily make the Guinness

Roberto

Guitarman said:

Really cool Nigel! Given the shape do you think there is any Naga/Bhut blood in it?

There is likely to be zero Naga/Bhut in this pod. I say that purely from tasting and smelling it, but I can usually tell right away. Of course, I`m not infallible. 

Back