• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Cayenne?

Bought starter plants at Lowes. this one was labeled Cayenne, however im told that the pods may be too thick for cayenne. Please help!!!

IMAG0700_zps9e94c9f2.jpg

IMAG0701_zps4f493008.jpg

IMAG0698_zps244ed1ad.jpg

cayenne is a species and a very large miscellaneous bin that many peppers of this type are thrown into , but yeah its a cayenne of some kind
sorry i cant tell you which one??
thanks your friend Joe

cayenne is a species and a very large miscellaneous bin that many peppers of this type are thrown into , but yeah its a cayenne of some kind
sorry i cant tell you which one??
either that or a large chile type like ANAHEIM but it is not ANAHEIM
thanks your friend Joe

That's funny cause I picked up a cayenne plant for my mother, for mothers day also from Lowes and her cayenne are small and slim.

Are they all actually indeed a variety of cayenne? Or is there a different name for each? Sort of like how there are 50 different habanero varieties?

Like is there such thing as a true cayenne?

That's funny cause I picked up a cayenne plant for my mother, for mothers day also from Lowes and her cayenne are small and slim.

Are they all actually indeed a variety of cayenne? Or is there a different name for each? Sort of like how there are 50 different habanero varieties?

Like is there such thing as a true cayenne?
THERE IS A NAME FOR EACH BUT THERE ARE SO MANY SPECIES THAT LOOK ALIKE AND WITHOUT KNOW WHICH ONE IT IS FOR SURE IS A LOSING GAME
i have a few species in my seed collection that i know what they are for sure but not 100 percent its that confusing

thanks your friend Joe

like jalapeno, cayenne has many variations. i like to think that most cayenne have a dimple near the stem but i could be wrong. i have a cayenne that i planted that is starting to look more like a serano.

Back