• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

CGN 21500 X 7 Pot Barrackpore

Helvete said:
Sure, I know you like crosses, I have some others you might like such as Primo X Yellow 7

Sounds like a nice cross! i'm hoping the Yellow 7 BS doesn't drop the pod I pollinated with Yellow Butch T , Also have one crossed with Aji limon on that plant. 

Helvete said:
Sure, I know you like crosses, I have some others you might like such as Primo X Yellow 7
Why would you do this too me lol.. That's like saying I know you like Scotch, oh and by the way.. I have this lovely rare 35 y/o out back lol ... You know I want in

Here's one of mine in the ground. I believe it's F3 or 4 (taken from one of Chris Phillips' pods last fall).

18134492125_5f8452bd89_c.jpg

17948270529_3f7c990185_c.jpg

Soooo... lets talk Pepper... Is there a 'Real' chance of getting any seeds for these bad boys.. If so Message me please =D

Arrgghh.. It's killing me waiting for rmy season to come back around seeing all this cross talk .. lol.. Saying this as the last pods of the season set...  Good luck to you all !!!!

Scorched said:
I've got two or three plants going from seeds that I harvested from some pods I got from Chris. I believe I have some extra seed as well. Will take a look

Your a good man ! Have I ever told you that before ??

hottoddy said:
Here's one of mine in the ground. I believe it's F3 or 4 (taken from one of Chris Phillips' pods last fall).

Have you noticed any upright pods on yours?  the ones on both my plants seem to turn upright when they set, Not sure what will happen when they start getting heavy though

Helvete said:
Have you noticed any upright pods on yours?  the ones on both my plants seem to turn upright when they set, Not sure what will happen when they start getting heavy though

Interesting. All are facing down on mine. You can see some little pods in the background on my pictures. My other plant looks the same.

hmm, other than lifting and doing teh stem test how can you tell these are ripe, do they have a more significant color change? Assuming maybe the green goes to more of a creme color?

D3monic said:
hmm, other than lifting and doing teh stem test how can you tell these are ripe, do they have a more significant color change? Assuming maybe the green goes to more of a creme color?

Always the hardest part when it comes to crosses.... What the heck is the ripe colour supposed to be ??? !!!!!

I usually just keep squeezing the pod until I feel it get that touch softer.. Once I feel that I use its colour for future reference, even though the first pod is probably slightly over.

D3monic said:

On the first page I linked a photo that has the ripe pods I got from Chris. One of the reasons I don't grow the pods that stay green like evergreen scorpion. Hard to tell when the damn things are ripe

hottoddy said:

18134492125_5f8452bd89_c.jpg

17948270529_3f7c990185_c.jpg
Nice looking pods.Todd I have 2 or 3 growing myself.Definitely want to see what they taste like.

20150606_203610_zpsuowwmnxd.jpg

They did turn downwards as they got heavier

The rounder one at the bottom was the first pod, the one at the fork.  It looks more like the ones on hottoddy's plants, but I don't think it's going to be typical pod shape for the plant(s), the one on the right is what most of them look like, there are a bunch of little ones.  Both plants appear to be great producers.

Adam.Rose said:
I'm dying here! Definitely want to know how these turn out.

You're not the only one!  I'm chomping at the bit to know how sweet/hot they are!  It would be really awesome to get some plants with the recessive CGN21500 coloration in the ripe pods, or even some weird red/cream marbled pattern :D

So they're red, still very beautiful, especially the purple blush on the unripe pods and the dark foliage.  They seem to be super prolific plants.  I'd guess the heat range (at least of the one plant I tried pods from, haven't tried from the other yet) is 100k-250k.  Hotter than I anticipated it would be but the flavor is pretty phenomenal.  Once I try a pod from the other plant I'll let you guys know if there's any difference.  They both appear to be almost identical other than one is tall and leggy and one is short and bushy.

https://youtu.be/NDcDdGvbIcU

Back