• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Charapita Recipes

Hello,

So I m looking at a bumper Charapita harvest soon, all ripening together. :)
As it has such a unique flavour, has anyone got any suggestions on how best to enjoy these little balls of fire?

Thanks

Rory

A quick snipe I found salsa and juane, tacacho and ceviche

Cheers I was also searching google, I was aware thats it is Peruvian and as such some ingredients I cant find here in Italy.
Maybe I ll just try a salsa, first time for everything!!

Cheers!

They are supposed to a very prolific plant - I havent grown them - I think I'll have to get seeds for next year - The peruvian dishes sound great

They are supposed to a very prolific plant - I havent grown them - I think I'll have to get seeds for next year - The peruvian dishes sound great

Check out my Glog for photos of the 2 plants, they are an awesome plant. More like a bush actually that produces hundreds of little pods the size of a kernel.
Any idea what I could replace Cocona with?

As for seeds I am sure I will have some spare! ;)

substitute with another acidic fruit - lemon, lime etc... 

Welllllllll buddddy .... keep me in mind ;)

Right I m gonna try a couple of things tommorrow and see how they taste!!
Well we can either do an exchange maybe or SASBE, just drop me a PM.

This is a shot I took last week :)

the salsa is the accompany to Juane and Tacacho.... im not sure they are actually used in the cooking process.... but they work very well with fish as others suggested...

Maybe.....

a charapita chimicurri over grilled chorizo or other meat
a charapita mango or pineapple style curry
a charapita and fruit salad

....its been a whlie since ive had any.... i may have to try and grow these this season... good luck with your harvest and cooking!

Right I did a little harvest today...

Then I mashed lime up with garlic and came up with this concoction...

I can tell its gonna be so awesome with fish and probably even chicken, it s called Salsa de Cocona.
Here s the plants after harvesting...

Absolutely loaded :D
I have no idea what Cocona is, just that it is very much unavailable where I live so I substituted lime!?

rory said:
Right I did a little harvest today...

Then I mashed lime up with garlic and came up with this concoction...

I can tell its gonna be so awesome with fish and probably even chicken, it s called Salsa de Cocona.
Here s the plants after harvesting...

Absolutely loaded :D
I have no idea what Cocona is, just that it is very much unavailable where I live so I substituted lime!?
That'll work
ceviche :drooling: 
Tinnie is right the dishes I mentioned didnt use them as an ingredient other than an accompaniment 

Back