• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Cheap & Good Sauce? please help!

I am looking for a lower cost good hot sauce. A head's up would be great! hotter the better! Also is there a chain of supermarkets/stores that have good sauces? 

Much thanks for all your help!

Mezzetta Habanero hot sauce (twist&shout). I get 7.5 oz bottles for a $1.79 damn hard to find anything better than that for the price.
They're out of Napa so fairly local to ya, should be on your grocer shelf.

hogleg said:
Mezzetta Habanero hot sauce (twist&shout). I get 7.5 oz bottles for a $1.79 damn hard to find anything better than that for the price.
They're out of Napa so fairly local to ya, should be on your grocer shelf.
I have it ...it's pretty good..could be hotter...It's my wife's favorite right now for eggs...I should try it again!
ThePepperTrent said:
Lot's of good vendors on THP. I praise PexPeppers sauces, great sauces and affordable.

$14 for a cheaper bottle with shipping...I would love to try...but can't spend that much...
I was thinking around the $5 level. But thank you for posting!

I recommend Lucky Dog, Sam and Olivers Cinder, Red Hawks Premium Peppers (any of them), Kneppers Peppers, Texas Creek, the possibilities are endless. also, if you only have 5 dollars why not try making your own? plenty of guides here!

If you don't mind spending a little more, I highly recommend Lucky Dog Hot Sauce black label. I think its six bucks. 
You could also get some superhot powder and spike the Mezzetta's or other cheap sauce to get your desired heat level.

Thanks for the love folks.

If you're interested in LDHS, please PM me - I'll send you a discount coupon that'll stack with bulk discount.

Shipping on 1 bottle is a bit inefficient. 3-4 bottles brings it down substantially.

So maybe a coupon could help you with just 1 bottle. Let me know. :)

PexPeppers said:
I recommend Lucky Dog, Sam and Olivers Cinder, Red Hawks Premium Peppers (any of them), Kneppers Peppers, Texas Creek, the possibilities are endless. also, if you only have 5 dollars why not try making your own? plenty of guides here!
I plan on making a ton of sauce, after harvest....but for now...I only have a small amount of dried peppers.

It's really tough to find the artisan sauces in the same price range as mass produced sauce.

Melinda's is pretty much everywhere and has some habanero sauces that are up there in heat for most people.  Just look around at all your local stores, you never know where you'll find a (???unknown???) sauce on the shelf and TherYaGo!

Also..ASK at your local stores.  They won't bring in new stuff unless people are asking for it. 

Back