• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Check this out....

AlabamaJack

Extreme Member
nothing like free publicity

http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/12/12/2699053/pepper-grower-craves-hottest-chile.html

good article and nice pictures! Nothing wrong with a little free publicity.

Is that a THP t-shirt I Spy? :cool:

thanks all...

you got the T shirt right Ann...tried to get the photographer to get a better shot of it but he didn't...

Fcb....I'm an ugly old bastard ain't I?...roflmao...the lord didn't give me much to work with so I did the best I could....

Very Cool AJ ...
thumbsup22.gif

Fcb....I'm an ugly old bastard ain't I?...roflmao...the lord didn't give me much to work with so I did the best I could....

Haha, no, but you look completely different than I pictured! I pictured a big redneck/lumber-jack looking dude. Having sold insurance across the southern US, I have stereotypical profiles programmed in my brain.

Way cool AJ!

Kudos to the writer and you for the detailed info on how to make the Naga Viper The official champ. I really hope Fowler follows through with the CPI's request for seeds.

Very nice AJ. I never cared for the Star-Telegram, but it looks like they've finally decided to write some classy articles (well, at least one)! :P

Got a question re: Pic #3 - you standing along the side of the house with your "Trinidad Scorpion" plants. The plant closest to the camera looks to be variegated. What might that be? You growin' a variegated TS? :shocked:

Patrick...I also hope he follows through...

downriver...those plants have been thru several frosts and 3 freezes...I think it is just the cold weather...however, several of the plants do have a varigated look...I seems that these plants are very calcium and magnesium hungry...I give them a shot of epsom and some calcium and they green right up...

by the way...I was contacted by a local news talk radio for a phone interview and Kim Fischer of NBC5 DFW area has also requested an interview...we are in the process of scheduling now...

Great article AJ, you were so subtle about the naga viper...cool beans. Talk about putting out a little friendly pressure to either deliver the seeds or ??? Free publicity is always the best kind.

I am very excited all...

660 AM in Dallas is going to interview me in about 3 hours....6:55 PM CST...

and NBC5 is going to interview me in the morning (Wednesday) between 8:30 and 9 for tomorrows local news...

Dammit all...what have you gotten me into...I would be nowhere without this forum...

I am very excited all...

660 AM in Dallas is going to interview me in about 3 hours....6:55 PM CST...

and NBC5 is going to interview me in the morning (Wednesday) between 8:30 and 9 for tomorrows local news...

Dammit all...what have you gotten me into...I would be nowhere without this forum...

Very Cool .... I have my alarm set for 6:50 to tune in and listen!

Very cool AJ. They couldn't have picked a better guy. Knowledgeable, generous, and flat out a great grower. Hopefully this publicity will help land you some deals with chain stores next season. Keep us posted.

thanks all...

radio interview was very short and all I think the guy wanted was to continue to publicize the Naga Viper...he didn't even give me time to talk about the scorpions...hopefully the television reporter will let me go into the other aspects of being the worlds hottest...

Back