vendor cheers Baker's Peppers!

A while back, Baker's had a contest, and I was one of the winners. Once I found out, I PMd him my address, but never heard back. Oh well.
Then a few things happened, and people got upset, and it felt kind of weird. Long story short I declined my winnings (as did others).

Anyway, we're all past that now.

Today when we got home from work, there was a Box on our doorstep, from Baker's Peppers. WOW!
The box contained everything he said it would...

1 lb - Trinidad Scorpion BUTCH T (FRESH PODS)
1 lb - Trinidad Scorpion Red (FRESH PODS)
3 oz - Dried seeded Trinidad Scorpion Butch T pods BLENDED with Brain Strain Red pods
25 - T Scorp Moruga Seeds OP
25 - T Scorp Yellow Seeds OP
25 - Brain Strain Red Seeds OP
25 - T Scorp Chocolate Seeds OP
25 - Fatalii Yellow Seeds OP
25 - Fatalii Chocolate Seeds OP
1 - FREE Coupon for THREE (3) Seedlings next Spring! Your choice from the grow list next Spring!! SHIPPED FREE TOO :)
1 - FREE Coupon for ONE (1) FREE SFRB of pods good ANYTIME!! FREE SHIPPING on this too!! Of course its good for only what I have available at the time u redeem it.

It all looks awesome!
Out of all the fresh pods he sent (3500 miles), I only had to throw out 5. Good ratio in my book.

I am thinking that this is a new business, and like all new businesses, they need 5 years to truly get off the ground.
Give Baker's a chance, he pulled thru for me even when I didn't want him to. Good on ya Dale!
The whole point of his contest was to put the good word out about his business, and he did that, for me.
There has been a lot of threads about BP's with good and bad reviews, but please, all I ask is that this thread stay positive.

Good job Dale, I'll definitely buy from you in the future. :cheers:

Now I have to figure out what to do with all THIS!....

90503ffb.jpg

cbb95265.jpg

Friendly suggestion: You should take that up with The vendor privately. This is not a complaint or, "where's my stuff" thread.

Hahaha, yeah, it's like they think it will be "a little bit hotter" than Tobasco sauce, :rofl:

I Emailed him. I'm not mad or upset. I just hope he didn't forget about my order man it's been awhile. I understand that he's prob got alot on his plate right now. I totally respect him and his buisness.

I Emailed him. I'm not mad or upset. I just hope he didn't forget about my order man it's been awhile.

Awesome! I am just trying to keep this thread positive. No worries man, I'm sure he's on it. I don't know him. But I reckon he's lookin to build up his business and reputation, and I'm just trying to help him do that. the last thing THP and Baker's needs is a lightning strike and another forest fire to blaze up around this "where's my stuff" topic.

Keep emailing him, as I'm sure he gets slammed at times.

On another note, I still haven't got the frijoles for a smoothie. MJD, you still in? Hahahahahaha

Got my mixed box yesterday. (paid for, not won) and except for one baby scorpion that was moldy, every pod is (some are now "were") exceptional.

One I sampled was a TS Moruga I am sure. Very nice flavor and a tiny slice about took my head off.

Awesome! I am just trying to keep this thread positive. No worries man, I'm sure he's on it. I don't know him. But I reckon he's lookin to build up his business and reputation, and I'm just trying to help him do that. the last thing THP and Baker's needs is a lightning strike and another forest fire to blaze up around this "where's my stuff" topic.

Keep emailing him, as I'm sure he gets slammed at times.

On another note, I still haven't got the frijoles for a smoothie. MJD, you still in? Hahahahahaha

all is taken care of now. just got a message from him. usps must be slow around my area thats all

That's correct...I ship seeds via regular USPS Mail...sometimes it takes a week or two, which is ok with seeds or dried goods...with Fresh peppers we have to ship Priority Mail 2-3 day....The 2-3 day FRB's come with tracking automatically...I think I'm going to start offering tracking on the seeds and dried but It's an option the customer can add or not with the cost to them for it....still up in the air on that...just trying to help make sure the customers get all the options they need when making a purchase with us...

Dale Jr

Mine got misrouted by the USPS! Ha! Rocket scientists, they are. :rolleyes:

Anyway, supposed to arrive today. Not BP's fault, I get that.

Well, they arrived. Two extra days in shipping is no bueno. Foul odor to the box. Most were mushy and one was a rotted pile of goo. I was able to salvage about 1/3 of the box, washed them well and put them in the freezer immediately.

Again, not BP's fault. The shipping label was correct. Anyone know if USPS reimburses for a situation like this, or is ordering fresh produce at your own risk?

Well, they arrived. Two extra days in shipping is no bueno. Foul odor to the box. Most were mushy and one was a rotted pile of goo. I was able to salvage about 1/3 of the box, washed them well and put them in the freezer immediately.

Again, not BP's fault. The shipping label was correct. Anyone know if USPS reimburses for a situation like this, or is ordering fresh produce at your own risk?

I can resend u a box if u want to pay the shipping....about $6.50 after Paypal fees n such...I'm sorry to hear they came late and mushy....to answer your question though, yes that is a risk of buying fresh produce online (we put that in the "terms & conditions" u check off before u purchase on our website)...especially in the summer months...fall winter and spring are more likely to arrive in peak freshness...just shoot me an email with the subject of replacement peppers...I will get back to u through email...

I can resend u a box if u want to pay the shipping....about $6.50 after Paypal fees n such...I'm sorry to hear they came late and mushy....to answer your question though, yes that is a risk of buying fresh produce online...especially in the summer months...fall winter and spring are more likely to arrive in peak freshness...just shoot me an email with the subject of replacement peppers...I will get back to u through email...

That would be fantastic. Thanks for the offer. E-mail coming soon.

I can resend u a box if u want to pay the shipping....about $6.50 after Paypal fees n such...I'm sorry to hear they came late and mushy....to answer your question though, yes that is a risk of buying fresh produce online (we put that in the "terms & conditions" u check off before u purchase on our website)...especially in the summer months...fall winter and spring are more likely to arrive in peak freshness...just shoot me an email with the subject of replacement peppers...I will get back to u through email...

Well to be clear, shipping is 5.15, the other 1.35 would be the cost to recieve the funds?

Postage with delivery tracking at my local post office is $6.10 total....for replacement peppers I don't use the ship online printout thing from USPS as It's too much hassle...when a customer send funds not paid thru an invoice it makes it a real pain in the neck to printout a label online...with correct address and all..I find it easier to just take it and pay at the office when I drop off all my other stuff...just my way of doing it I guess....we all have "our" way :)

KD-your video was great! You need to get your Cuz in more videos lol
Scovie! Make a video! I think yours would be an instant classic.

Nice job Dale, really like the way you are handling things. Sending out another box to cover USPS's mistake is admirable. Good job!

Glad you guys are all enjoying the burn!

Back