• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Chernobyl Tears

My hot sauces for this year ready for sell :D

14102298_186217988455990_415632282404769901_n.jpg

14102160_186218435122612_1503690509095974930_n.jpg

10277045_186221191789003_5845858513775731270_n.jpg

14124298_186223035122152_328219805103473179_o.jpg

grantmichaels said:
I could if it was a sauce name, but it's the brand, so I can't ...

One of the names is actually Reactor 4 ...

Worse yet, U-235 is a design element throughout the line ...

Is there anything on earth more polarizing than uranium? I think not.
Happy to help with a rebranding, though  ;)

That's exactly how I feel about this one too. Complete with Bombs n'shit.

ohxg2sibps23c9ltmxrf.jpg

Grass Snake said:

I'm already a drug user, so.. (rhymes with bucket) ....

off to make a batch of Whirled Peas hot sauce tomorrow~  or the next day.....

bucket....

holy jesus guys, why are qou so sensitive. the name does not refer to tragedy that happend in 1986. it was just a catchy name last year for hot sauce that i make, thats all. i dont have company or the production... i sell sauces to friends and their friends because they like it, and they like the name. it would be awkward and disrespectful if i was from ukrain where disaster happened. and believe me... croatia was affected by disaster in 86', just like whole europe... i didnt post it here to sell it to you, just to show the hot sauce, thats all... as i said, the name was "invented" because last years sauce was extreamly hot, so there  is the connection.... NHF...

if u want ingredients, i will be happy to put it here ;)

Rossi said:
holy jesus guys, why are qou so sensitive. the name does not refer to tragedy that happend in 1986. it was just a catchy name last year for hot sauce that i make, thats all. i dont have company or the production... i sell sauces to friends and their friends because they like it, and they like the name. it would be awkward and disrespectful if i was from ukrain where disaster happened. and believe me... croatia was affectet by disaster in 86', just like whole europe... i didnt post it here to sell it to you, just to show the hot sauce, thats all... ass i said, the name was "invented" because last years sauce was extreamly hot, so there  is the connection.... NHF...

if u want ingredients, i will be happy to put it here ;)

It's not catchy, it's lame. This is not about our sensitivity, it's about your lack of sensitivity ...

Did you notice how the tearsofhiroshima.com doesn't exist anymore? ... and do you realize why that's likely the case? ...

Pivot.

grantmichaels said:

It's not catchy, it's lame. This is not about our sensitivity, it's about your lack of sensitivity ...

Did you notice how the tearsofhiroshima.com doesn't exist anymore? ... and do you realize why that's likely the case? ...

Pivot.

as i said, this is not the product that will sit in the stores or something like that...  let me ask you something... do you think that "Hell" "Devil" etc. are good names for sauces or its devil worshiping?

The name is not refered to the tragedy

Rossi said:
The name is not refered to the tragedy
Hey man. How can you flat out deny that when it is the name on the label and you have the reactor name and tears etc?

I can see it's not worth posting in here if you won't even defend your own product and it's name usage.

grantmichaels said:
Three pages of hits for 'Chernobyl' and not one single link to anything but the disaster ...

Do your friends wish to be implicated in your bad taste? :think:

As it stands, I'm not interested in the ingredients ... but that's just me ...
as i said... again.... "Hell" "Devil" "Inferno" etc... isnt that a bad taste or im wrong?

i dont need your approval... if you think that the name is offending, delete the post... simple as that

If you ever go public you will need the public's approval in order to succeed (unless you are a very small niche that doesn't care). Since this is a fun sauce, you don't need our approval, but you have our opinions. You posted on a public forum and the public reacted. You can use this information if you choose to move forward because the reactions will be the same but multiplied. If simply for fun, keep having fun, and also consider this information. Hope this helps. We like people to succeed on here and like to help newbies.

Here is the reaction on reddit to the Hiroshima one: https://www.reddit.com/r/food/comments/epx8q/tears_of_hiroshima_is_using_a_unique_gimmick_to/
I don't think you want that.

The Hot Pepper said:
If you ever go public you will need the public's approval in order to succeed (unless you are a very small niche that doesn't care). Since this is a fun sauce, you don't need our approval, but you have our opinions. You posted on a public forum and the public reacted. You can use this information if you choose to move forward because the reactions will be the same but multiplied. If simply for fun, keep having fun, and also consider this information. Hope this helps. We like people to succeed on here and like to help newbies.

Here is the reaction on reddit to the Hiroshima one: https://www.reddit.com/r/food/comments/epx8q/tears_of_hiroshima_is_using_a_unique_gimmick_to/
I don't think you want that.
ok, i appreciate your opinion, but, as i said, this is not commercial sause that will sell in the stores, or it ever will...

Back