• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chicken manure

non composted....in the water of a 20 gallon DWC tote....

yay or nay....would it burn the plants up with an over load like it would applied to soil?

Discuss

Not necessarily...I wasn't going to use it straight up as a soil fertilizer without composting it, but didn't know if it's still burn them if I made a tea out of it prior to composting.

My dad has laying hens, so Ive got access to it, just have to go over there and get it. Like I said, Ill probably just fertilize with another nute, and compost the chicken manure just to make for sure I don't burn them.

Poultry have very limited ability to digest the food they eat so the manure is very high in various nutrients, especially Urea (CO(NH[sub]2[/sub])[sub]2[/sub]) and K which can burn the plant and cause the local soil area to become acidic over the long run due to bacterial nitrification (NH[sub]3[/sub] -> NO[sub]3[/sub]). I would dilute it significantly with water and apply it as a broadcast rather than banding, that is if you do not want to compost it.

Back