chili beer?

Oh, man, you've set my memory off now... a mexican restaurant in Birmingham used to have beer with a chili in it. Damned if I can recall the name though.

Tequilla beer: Desperados. Introduced to it by my little brother. Lethal stuff if drank over an afternoon.

where exactly is "mocksville" nc?

i know of a few places that sell the rogue chipotle and one other rogue pepper beer (both suck, but if thats your thing, hey..), and then theres a place in virginia that sells that cave creek chili beer, but i hear its terrible. i also know of the places that you can mail order beer from because alot of places will not ship beer into nc. private mail me and we can go from there.

i have to agree with chuck... i like chiles, and i like beer, but i dont like them mixed together...

Dyce51 said:
afte doing a lil seaching here on the net....I found a recipe for chile beer, pepper beer, or spiced beer....what ever you like to call it.....

Pepper Beer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Classification: spiced ale, pepper beer, chili beer, jalapeno peppers, serrano peppers, extract
Source: Paul Sherril (sherril_paul@tandem.com) Issue #871, 4/24/92

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Most people said to introduce the peppers into the beer as late as possible, so I'm going to just put a slice in a few bottles and see how it goes. This way I don't blow a whole 5 gallons on this little perversion.
Ingredients:
6 pounds, Anderson light malt extract
8 ounces, light crystal malt
1--1/2 ounces, Cascade hops (boil)
1/2 ounce, Cascade hops (finish)
Wyeast pilsner yeast
several peppers (serrano, jalapeno), sliced
Procedure:
Ferment at 50 degrees (primary). Secondary at 45 degrees. At bottling place a piece of pepper in a dozen bottles. Some serranos, some jalapenos and a variety of sizes.

unless you know how to homebrew, this would be terrible. not to mention pretty costly for him to get started - buying ferminters, kettles, siphons, ingredients, etc etc..

and you cant justify buying all of the stuff to brew with just to make a beer that you would probably not drink.

PLUS it requires ferminting at 50 and 45 degrees.. you need a specialized refridgerator, or i think you can buy this cool pack thing to put around a ferminter,

however, if you have everything required to homebrew, and you know how to homebrew, go for it......

i homebrew, and theres no way i would waste my days making something of that sort, :shocked:

chuk hell said:
Thank you! Some sanity at last!

Then there is the other side. Last week I had a long haul trucker stop by the warehouse to buy a case of my Blazin'-Hot Stuff. He said he was pouring a shot in his beer to make a red-beer-from-hell! :) He said he was addicted! A new one on me.

I hope I see him coming down the road. - E.Z.

I've had several different chile beers some good some not so good but has anyone had Chile wine? We met these guys that make the chile wine a few years back out in Albuquerque the name of the product is Disaster Bay Hot Chilli wine it won a 2003 scovie. We got 1 of the 3 bottles customs missed. We got 1 and I think Dave Dewitt got the others. It was very sweet for being made with chiles.They told us they add chiles to the grapes to make it. Not much of a wine drinker but it was good.

Mick
Kato's

I've not tried chile beer but it sounds like a good match to me. After all people put beer in chili. Or do those of you who do not like chile beer not put beer in their chili?

i have wanted to try some chili beer after i saw it on the food network earlier this year..but i think the sane half of me is telling me i will be disappointed. it does seem to be a weird mixture...i've never had a spicy beer..and not sure that it would be good. one of these days i'll find out.

Some one say "I will send you this if you send me chili beer" and nail me down to a date and I'll get off my but and do it, other wise i'll just post how easy it is to get here and never actually send anyone anything.

I tried one once(can't remember the name, sorry), but it had a little green pepper in the bottom of the bottle...and i can honestly say it was the absolute worst tasting beer i've ever had bar none. Hell, Milwaukee's best(beast) tastes way better than this stuff. I actually gagged on the stuff

Dyce51 said:
A while back I had tried a beer that had a pepper in the bottle. I believe it was Jalepeno. It was a good beer. I remember the label reading "The Beer That Bites", or something along those lines. I'll have to go to the store and see if they still carry it.
I believe I have had that particular ale from AZ. If I'm not mistaken, it's called Rattlesnake Ale.

It was more years ago than I care to remember, so it may not still be around...but I believe that was the motto.

Back