Chili/Chilli Drinks

Surprised no thread on this here
Often see drinks mentioned in the press esp from USA
This for example
My friend dared to try the Chilli and Passion Fruit Martini, an exotic blend of vodka, chilli and passion fruit presented neatly in a martini glass with a decorative red chili pepper affixed to the rim. Roshan upheld his promise to keep the heat as low as possible and the vodka and passion fruit actually made for a cooling combination.
http://www.clickliverpool.com/living/at-the-bar/1213978-review-intoxicating-hospitality-at-matou-bar-and-restaurant,-pier-head,-liverpool.html

1/2 Jalapeno cut into chuncks
1/2 Lime cut into chuncks
put in shaker and muddle
add some ice and 2oz. Silver Tequilla (el Jimador)
shakeshakeshake
strain into glass, makes one drink (at most;)
no sugar, no umbrellas or stuff on the rim...
It's for us purists!!!!
I've been thinking about doing this with a red hab...

For the Chilli festivals I used to run I used to get a flagon of port and add a few habaneros and let them infuse for a week or two. It made great fire water and tasted a bit like Scotch Whisky!. I know one guy wanted us to call an ambulance for him after I dared him to scoff down a goodly nip.
You could also use the port in cooking(stir frys etc) when too lazy to go out in the garden to pick some fruit for cooking and wanted to add some kick. It did go "off" after a month or two so it was important to drink it before that happened; such a trial :)

There is a liquor store in town that has mango chili vodka with caffeine in it. It is on clearance, because the state I am in banned alcohol/caffeine drinks. It is ok on Sprite, but it isn't spicy at all. I might jazz it up just a bit.

1/2 Jalapeno cut into chuncks
1/2 Lime cut into chuncks
put in shaker and muddle
add some ice and 2oz. Silver Tequilla (el Jimador)
shakeshakeshake
strain into glass, makes one drink (at most;)
no sugar, no umbrellas or stuff on the rim...
It's for us purists!!!!
I've been thinking about doing this with a red hab...

Forget the jap. Man that up with at least a hab or bhut. Kudos for no salt. Shake one up for me amigo!

Chilli Vodka recipe

options Scale ingredients to servings
60 vodka
1 long, green, seedless chili pepper
10 lemon cordial
fresh lemon juice
club soda
1 pinch salt

Mix the vodka, green chilli (seedless) and lemon cordial in a cocktail mixer and pour it over ice. Now add fresh lemon juice, a pinch of salt and club soda. Stir it with a twizel stick, and serve.

Read more: Chilli Vodka recipe http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink11371.html#ixzz1UCRI97Zn

2 oz Hornitos Tequila
1 oz Lime Juice (fresh squeezed)
1/2 Seeded Muddled Red Savina (or other red pepper of choice)
1 oz Gran Marnier
1/2 tbsp of Agave Nectar
Garnish with a pineapple wheel that's been marinated in your favorite hot sauce and then grilled to perfection.
Great at nice summer BBQ! :drunk:

2 oz Hornitos Tequila
1 oz Lime Juice (fresh squeezed)
1/2 Seeded Muddled Red Savina (or other red pepper of choice)
1 oz Gran Marnier
1/2 tbsp of Agave Nectar
Garnish with a pineapple wheel that's been marinated in your favorite hot sauce and then grilled to perfection.
Great at nice summer BBQ! :drunk:
Wow!
Sounds like a flavour explosion!
What is Agave Nectar?

Spicy White Sangria Recipe:

1 bottle of lychee Wasabi

1/2 bottle of Whole Foods 365 Pinot Grigio

12oz of Absolute Vodka

2 kiwis

1 orange

1 pear

1 box of raspberries

1 bag of grapes
http://www.prometheussprings.com/cocktail-contest-winner/
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
I read interestingly that fructose is a sugar that does not need insulin to be able to be turned into energy/glucose? by the body

Mojito is good with fatalii. Make your mojito as usual but mince a fatalii and muddle it along with the mint and sugar. Add the rum and let it marinate a few minutes before adding the ice and soda water.

Hmmm gonna have to try that THP. Have you ever made one with cucumber added? I did some with cucumber and serranos once. Very good.

AJ's purees make great Bloody Marys, doesn't matter what pepper.

Back