• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Chili Focus

Hey guys, is there any other place other than Amazon to buy Chili Focus? The last one I bought didn't last long so was looking for a Gal container but haven't seen any for sale. I currently have 4 Bhuts, 1 Butch T, 1 Moruga, 2 Habaneros, 5 jalapenos,and 3 green peppers all in 6 gal pots so they go thru alot. Currently using MG All purpose plant food till I can get replacement. If you know of a better fert I would appreciate the info.

Thanks all.

P.S. Next season my hubbie wants me to use a 66 seed starter from Aerogarden.............HELP!!!!!!!!!  :P

No problem Spicytigger. Meant to also say that i've used both products.

The Espoma Tomato-Tone i've used for a few years, as have many others, it comes highly recommended.

I started using the Urban Farms Texas Tomato food more recently. As you can tell from the ingrediants label, it's a lot more cutting edge, and pretty much speaks for itself. You can find a bunch of discussions on it by searching Google. The price is the lowest i've ever seen for such a high end product, and even just the quart goes a long way.

Thanks again Jetchuka, sorry for the late reply but working on one computer between 2 people my time is short on it heheheh. Do you find the liquid easier to use than the granular? When you used the granular how did you dispurse it on already established potted plants? Did you just place it on top or did you "rake" it in?

Thanks again

willard3 said:
Chile focus is just like other plant  nutrients, just more expensive.
All the trendy hipster gardening products are  ;)

Fertilizer requirements are dictated by water quality and soil type moreso than plant species. 

Spicytigger said:
Hey guys, is there any other place other than Amazon to buy Chili Focus? The last one I bought didn't last long so was looking for a Gal container but haven't seen any for sale. I currently have 4 Bhuts, 1 Butch T, 1 Moruga, 2 Habaneros, 5 jalapenos,and 3 green peppers all in 6 gal pots so they go thru alot. Currently using MG All purpose plant food till I can get replacement. If you know of a better fert I would appreciate the info.

Thanks all.

P.S. Next season my hubbie wants me to use a 66 seed starter from Aerogarden.............HELP!!!!!!!!!  :P
Tigger, you are in So FL. get some SureGro www.suregro.net

Spicytigger said:
Thanks again Jetchuka, sorry for the late reply but working on one computer between 2 people my time is short on it heheheh. Do you find the liquid easier to use than the granular? When you used the granular how did you dispurse it on already established potted plants? Did you just place it on top or did you "rake" it in?

Thanks again
Ease? The way i use it, about the same for liquid or granular. The granular probably requires less applications though.

For Tomato-tone I scratch about 1/2 of it in, a little less than 1ft away from the stem maybe. The other half i'll spread around so it can seep in to the rest of the plant's roots.

I try not to go too crazy with the additonal ferts though. Pepper's don't need a lot, and because i till in some cow manure compost every spring. The Urban Farms liquid was fairly cheap, so i figured why not, and bought some to try out.

Hey Greenman, I looked up that site. Which one would you recomend? I don't see anything for veggies. The one that might come close is the Bougainvillea and Bloom because of the low nitrogen and high potash. All my plants are blooming it's just a matter of them staying on long enough with the heat and humidity here.

Jetchuka, thanks hon, all mine are in 6 gal pots so guess if I used the granular I'd have to dispurse it about 1-2 inc from the stem and scratch it in. Still deciding what to get.

Back