• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Chili Sauce Test - Killer Swarm

Sent to me by PexPeppers, really delicious sauce. You can get it here at www.PexPeppers.com or just contact him here on the site.
Also looking for some constuctive criticism to make my videos better :D

I think you need to get some practice in, but I appreciate the video effort

Here is some feedback

"you can smell 7 pod honey and vinegar"

What do 7 pods smell like if you had to describe them in words? You also mentioned honey... I have about 5 different types of honey in my pantry in addition to agave and they all "taste" differently although all are sweet. For example buckwheat honey is dark golden sweet with a slightly sour acidic draw, but local orange blossom honey is light floral and has a citrus smell and isn't as direct or aggressive as darker honey's. I prefer the darker when making BBQ sauce, but often use the orange in tea.

You smelled the sauce and said something about it, but I couldn't make out what you said in the video and you didn't describe in detail what made you say "Wow". Take your time pause, close your eyes and imagine your seeing the taste in your head and then try and describe it.

You first taste was umm hmmm wow and and you said something about sweet. Again be VERY descriptive about what your tasting we all know what honey taste like, but that doesn't describe anything about what I can expect when I taste the sauce. Then you went on to say "mostly honey and heat"??? Still left me guessing as to what the sauce would taste like.

Your said "It's not that hot, but it might be getting hotter? Again detail detail detail... Did it start off as an 8 and if so what would an 8 be a jalapeno burn or a Bhut burn to you? Since I don't know your tolerance for heat you need to use some other means of reference on the heat rating.

"It would go good on steak or beef" I typically wouldn't put anything "sweet" on steak at all and the sauce didn't seem like it had an A1 profile so why would it be good on steak opposed to honey glazed pork chops?

"Hoping it would have more heat"??? Did you want more lingering heat, more direct heat, hotter heat???

All in all the video didn't provide much information or feedback to the person watching it and really didn't describe the sauce in much detail.

Why don't you try and write the review first and then try and do a video in front of the camera after you feel more comfortable with your written review. I don't think I could do a "video review" without first taking notes and preparing myself for the camera first and have a script of what I wanted to say. Mainly because I spend a great deal of time thinking about how to best describe the taste first. I mean I may take 4-5 bites or taste of the same sauce before I have a good idea of what it really taste like and then may take several minutes writing about how to best describe that taste in words. Then and only then would I even attempt to describe the taste on camera.

Read the below (modified) review and try and guest with the reviewer is tasting (hint it's not food)

Within moments, however, sumptuous layers of leather and chocolate came forth, the latter projecting a light peppery punch that reminded me of mildly cayenne laced chocolate hot sauce. I found the counterbalancing sweetness difficult to pinpoint, as it seemed neither overtly sugary nor honeyed. In tandem with the piquant chocolate element, this elusive sweetness created a bakery-like illusion similar to spiced fudge brownies.

A little further into the session, the leather component assumed prominence, wrapping itself luxuriously around the other nuances. A subtle textural quality akin to butter also emerged at this time, adding caramel-toffee tones to the sweeter tendencies.

From mid point through to the latter stages, the intrinsic characteristic gradually intensified, enveloping yet not obscuring the herb, spice, cedar and confectionery aspects in the process. This shifting of emphasis eventually led to a tightly amalgamated and focused finale that, though very rich in tenor, was not in the least ponderous. Indeed, the last inch or two had me wishing that some of the.

Ohh and it's a video so make sure you keep the viewer informed and that you always have the person attention like in this hot sauce review.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGsP5ez4Dkc

Good tips from a skilled reviewer!

Keep the vids coming.

I think you need to get some practice in, but I appreciate the video effort

Here is some feedback

"you can smell 7 pod honey and vinegar"

What do 7 pods smell like if you had to describe them in words? You also mentioned honey... I have about 5 different types of honey in my pantry in addition to agave and they all "taste" differently although all are sweet. For example buckwheat honey is dark golden sweet with a slightly sour acidic draw, but local orange blossom honey is light floral and has a citrus smell and isn't as direct or aggressive as darker honey's. I prefer the darker when making BBQ sauce, but often use the orange in tea.

You smelled the sauce and said something about it, but I couldn't make out what you said in the video and you didn't describe in detail what made you say "Wow". Take your time pause, close your eyes and imagine your seeing the taste in your head and then try and describe it.

You first taste was umm hmmm wow and and you said something about sweet. Again be VERY descriptive about what your tasting we all know what honey taste like, but that doesn't describe anything about what I can expect when I taste the sauce. Then you went on to say "mostly honey and heat"??? Still left me guessing as to what the sauce would taste like.

Your said "It's not that hot, but it might be getting hotter? Again detail detail detail... Did it start off as an 8 and if so what would an 8 be a jalapeno burn or a Bhut burn to you? Since I don't know your tolerance for heat you need to use some other means of reference on the heat rating.

"It would go good on steak or beef" I typically wouldn't put anything "sweet" on steak at all and the sauce didn't seem like it had an A1 profile so why would it be good on steak opposed to honey glazed pork chops?

"Hoping it would have more heat"??? Did you want more lingering heat, more direct heat, hotter heat???

All in all the video didn't provide much information or feedback to the person watching it and really didn't describe the sauce in much detail.

Why don't you try and write the review first and then try and do a video in front of the camera after you feel more comfortable with your written review. I don't think I could do a "video review" without first taking notes and preparing myself for the camera first and have a script of what I wanted to say. Mainly because I spend a great deal of time thinking about how to best describe the taste first. I mean I may take 4-5 bites or taste of the same sauce before I have a good idea of what it really taste like and then may take several minutes writing about how to best describe that taste in words. Then and only then would I even attempt to describe the taste on camera.

:shocked: wow....thats amazingly helpful. im just starting out and i dont really have much knowledge of different peppers and how they taste or how hot they are. i think i wont do any more sauce vids until i can clearly describe whats going on. Thanks a ton mate :D

im the creator of the sauce, it tastes like pinapples to me, i used wildflower honey because my grandfather is a bee keeper

:shocked: wow....thats amazingly helpful. im just starting out and i dont really have much knowledge of different peppers and how they taste or how hot they are. i think i wont do any more sauce vids until i can clearly describe whats going on. Thanks a ton mate :D

Well don't stop doing reviews, just focus on doing them better. You will never get better if you just stop and don't continue to practice. Check out the reviews section and you can see a couple that I posted. I think I get too involved at times, but that's just what I enjoy doing.

Try doing a few written reviews until you feel comfortable with that and then take it to the next step and do a video.

im the creator of the sauce, it tastes like pinapples to me, i used wildflower honey because my grandfather is a bee keeper

Pineapples sounds good! I love fruit sauces and pineapple / mango are my favorite fruit sauces.

Back