• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Chilidude season 2018

Last year was pretty much a disaster, the summer turned out to be a very cold and sunless thing, so i didnt get much of anything to eat and all my efforts did go to waste.

But i am willing to try again growing those chilis, so i am not giving up so easy.

I got two last year fully grown Hot paper lanterns, so they should produce some even if the summer is not so perfect, also will grow these from seeds:

Naga morich.
Bonda ma jacques.
Petenero.
Aji golden.
Aji erotica.(baccatum erotica)
Lemon drop.
Aji crystal.
Aji pineapple.
Queen laurie.
Locato.

This time around pretty safe chilis to survive cooler climates in my opinion, inside my greenhouse.

Naga morich plants have few pods developing, but the main pod development phase is yet to come:

Aji lemon drop already have quite a few pods incoming:

Soon i will be diving sideways inside the greenhouse. Yesterday i bought a good old electric toothbrush to help with the pollunation of the flowers and i can already see the results of yesterdays vibrator use.

they look great :)

my chocolate moruga scorpions look like yours -- well, no where near as big  :lol:  and just a lot of "babies" starting out (no bigger pods for me yet).  My Trinidad scorp and orange hab are full of fruit.

Man, those plants a looking great [emoji106]. The new fertilizer is working out great, eh? Are you able to collect any rain water?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PtMD989 said:
Man, those plants a looking great [emoji106]. The new fertilizer is working out great, eh? Are you able to collect any rain water?

I guess for the money, the fertilizer have worked pretty great so far for growing the plants, but how big the final harvest is and how the pods taste like is yet to be seen. The rainwater container only have about 20 litres in the bottom and then i am all out yet again, but it should rain quite a bit in the coming days, so maybe i will get a full tank.

SpeakPolish said:
So when will you harvest?

Whenever they are ripe...so perhaps early/mid august i see first ripe ones in this season.  If the c.chinense do not have time to ripen the main harvest before the first frost arrives, i just have to move them inside to do the final ripening.

First Bonda ma jacques pod is ripening, but the possible upcoming pods later in the season might force me move the whole plant inside to ripen the main harvest:

And the long awaited Hesi coco hot paper lantern have two pods ripening:

The first ripening thing always comes as a surprise and i cant wait to try the Hot paper lantern pod.

lespaulde said:
Very exciting! Hopefully these are the first of many!! :)

Sent from my ZTE A2017G using Tapatalk

Hot paper lantern have plenty of pods hanging and it just started another round of pod making, so this variety is something i might like to grow every year because of early pod making and it have a really good taste based on the few pods i got to eat last year.

The weather have been a bit too hot for humans, but the chili plants do like it:

I actually got multiple pods ripening in the Hot paper lantern:

Both Naga morich plants have gone nuts with pod production after my hand pollunation:

Aji lemon drop is going nutso with pod production:

karoo said:
How long do you expect the heat to last?

I guess another month before it start to cool down, that is just enough time to get chilis to make plenty of pods and then i guess i start to pray that they have still enough time to ripen the harvest.

If all goes well, i might even put the Hesi coco fed Naga morich under the 180w cob led light for kicks and perhaps it will make me few hundreds pods during the early winter time before i will finally get rid of it.

Scratch that what i said yesterday, about the new fertilizer i found in the shop. I want to test out the newer formula of B'cuzz coco a+b for the Petenero plants, as i kind of missed that B'cuzz stuff and want to make some further testing with it.

It is now the B'cuzz coco a+b, Hesi coco and Ghe Floramicro/floramato battle going on in the greenhouse and if something will replace the Ghe combo in time for me, it might just be that B'cuzz coco a+b stuff for overall stable performance based on the past testing experience i had with the B'cuzz for both rainwater/tapwater usage but time will tell is the newer formula as good as the old one i had.

It is starting to become increasingly more difficult to take these pictures, because the plants are starting to take a lot of space inside the greenhouse:

These two Petenero plants are now fertilized with the b'cuzz coco a+b:

B'cuzz my testing mind and this stuff is also part organic as it got them fulvic/humic acids in there to help with the nutrient absorption. Used the older B'cuzz formula in 2016 and the test subject did grow to a fine specimen in the end of the year.

Bonda ma jacques finally started putting out those pods:

I got mighty fine Aji jungle growing in here:

karoo said:
Excellent.
Those plants really look good, they must love their nutes.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Yes, Ghe combo with rainwater or ph downed tapwater works great.

Hesi coco+ ph downed tapwater seem to be good working combo, as Hesi coco doesnt seems to be working all that great with rainwater alone because of calmag issues once the plants starts pushing out more of those pods.

B'cuzz coco a+b have 3,8% of calcium in it and plenty of magnesium too, so it will work fine either with rainwater or ph downed tapwater.

Back