• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Chilidude season 2018

Last year was pretty much a disaster, the summer turned out to be a very cold and sunless thing, so i didnt get much of anything to eat and all my efforts did go to waste.

But i am willing to try again growing those chilis, so i am not giving up so easy.

I got two last year fully grown Hot paper lanterns, so they should produce some even if the summer is not so perfect, also will grow these from seeds:

Naga morich.
Bonda ma jacques.
Petenero.
Aji golden.
Aji erotica.(baccatum erotica)
Lemon drop.
Aji crystal.
Aji pineapple.
Queen laurie.
Locato.

This time around pretty safe chilis to survive cooler climates in my opinion, inside my greenhouse.

IMG_20180131_1819591.jpg

The lamp thing was a good idea until i tried to murder my only Bonda ma jacques seedling with it by dropping my aluminium Armytek headlight near it..But it survived maybe by an inch. :surprised: Never going to do that again and put two spare Bonda ma jacques seeds to germinate near it inside a pot just in case, as Bonda ma jacques is pretty fast growing chili once it germinates.

First spray with the  B'cuzz coco A+B fertilizer:
IMG_20180203_2117351.jpg

Mixed part A 5ml/part B 5ml to 10 litres of water, the EC number was 0.7 and it was the same number as similar mix using Floramicro/Floramato fertilizers. It is going to be so interesting to see the difference between those two fertilizers, if there is any in the end. :eh:

Well they seem to be kicking pretty good after the first spray with the coco A+B fertilizer mix, but now i will have to wait for the roots to start growing in the coco from the rockwool pieces for the real results to show up. In a week or two i will start giving them coco part A 10ml/ part B 10ml to 10 litres of water.

I dont know what is going with me and everything regarding lights lately trying to kill my plants:
IMG_20180206_1117221.jpg

You see that heavy 100w led growing light i changed just 10 min ago. The whole thing came crashing down on the plants because of the weakened hook i didnt check before hand to make sure it doest come down on it's own. Few of the chili stems got bend pretty bad, but i think they will survive just fine because those things seems to be bomb proof and the stems didnt get damaged at all. :rofl:  :woohoo:

I checked every hook etc. and made sure it doest come down ever again by installing double hooks, so remember kids to check your gear to not make the same mistake i did...Um practice makes perfect!

This could be the beginning of a horror movie called the bending and the stars of the movie are my chilis:
IMG_20180206_1128411.jpg

The newer 100w led growing light is much more brighter, than my old 120w led glowing light.

Chilidude said:
I dont know what is going with me and everything regarding lights lately trying to kill my plants:
attachicon.gif
IMG_20180206_1117221.jpg

You see that heavy 100w led growing light i changed just 10 min ago. The whole thing came crashing down on the plants because of the weakened hooks i didnt check before hand to make sure it doest come down on it's own. Few of the chili stems got bend pretty bad, but i think they will survive just fine because those things seems to be bomb proof and the stems didnt get damaged at all. :rofl:  :woohoo:

I checked every hook etc. and made sure it doest come down ever again by installing double hooks, so remember kids to check your gear to not make the same mistake i did...Um practice makes perfect!

This could be the beginning of a horror movie called the bending and the stars of the movie are my chilis:
attachicon.gif
IMG_20180206_1128411.jpg

The newer 100w led growing light is much more brighter, than my old 120w led glowing light.
Ool... Here's hoping you dodged the bullet Janne. Mashed plants would be a real bummer. [emoji53]

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

stickman said:
Ool... Here's hoping you dodged the bullet Janne. Mashed plants would be a real bummer. [emoji53]

Dont worry, i dodged the bullet all right. The chili plants survived just fine and the stems are slowly going back to straight. The next thing i will do now is to give some serious feedback to the manufacturer of the growroom as those hooks are not strong enough to suspend anything remotely heavy for any extended time and the growroom is not even one of those cheap ones.. :banghead:

Chilidude said:

Dont worry, i dodged the bullet all right. The chili plants survived just fine and the stems are slowly going back to straight. The next thing i will do now is to give some serious feedback to the manufacturer of the growroom as those hooks are not strong enough to suspend anything remotely heavy for any extended time and the growroom is not even one of those cheap ones.. :banghead:
Oh? What brand grow tent is it? Anybody thinking of buying one would want that info.

stickman said:
Oh? What brand grow tent is it? Anybody thinking of buying one would want that info.

Secred jardin is the maker and i just send them the feedback to tell about the weakness of the suspension hooks. Let's see how will they respond to my feedback and if they are a serious manufacturer, they will make the hooks stronger in a short order.

Great news folks, there was a quick response for the feedback:

" We have been through “handling reinforcement” on Dark Street and Vintage, mid 2014. 

Your tent has probably been manufactured before this reinforcement: very sorry."

So my growroom was manufactured before this reinforcement of the hooks started. So they want to stand behind their product and will be sending me those stronger hooks free of charge, so all is well and the chilis survived. :thumbsup:

Check this shit out:
IMG_20180206_1805381.jpg

These chilis just took almost 2,6kg weight head on from a distance of 50cm like champions and they are like hold my beer mode right now. :drunk: :beer:    If that cant kill them, nothing can... :deadhorse:

There is just no way the led light will come down after that double hooking thing and that thick chain can pull a car or something:

karoo said:
Those plants look great , drop that light again. 
Maybe they grow even better. :dance:

Ok, next time i will drop two in the same time and that will surely give them some nice growing shock. :dance:

Back