• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

sun chilli flower with nectar-sunbird's delight

I forgot to share this finding. Maybe you all aready know it.

One morning, I saw a sunbird..it was trapped in my large frame (netting all around-25 feet x 7 feet)...I sttod still and saw it perching the main stem of a chilli plant- hungarian sweet cherry (?). Later, I inspected every new bloom and saw on each petal, there was a luminous :!:drop of nectar...I touched it and tasted it: NECTAR.

5101 said:
I forgot to share this finding. Maybe you all aready know it.

One morning, I saw a sunbird..it was trapped in my large frame (netting all around-25 feet x 7 feet)...I sttod still and saw it perching the main stem of a chilli plant- hungarian sweet cherry (?). Later, I inspected every new bloom and saw on each petal, there was a luminous :!:drop of nectar...I touched it and tasted it: NECTAR.

that was not Nectar it was sunbird urine LOL i had to i am sorry

Grow some hungarian sweet cherry and observe the flowers... I observed more than one flower and various plants. Somewhere in the net, I did read some chilli varieties have nectar to attract pollinators. anyway, it is nice to see the flowers, each petal with one tiny drop of 'nectar'.

Noted more butterflies in the garden now.

Back