• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Chilli Focus

I used chilli focus last year and when it ran out (I got through a 300ml followed by a litre bottle) I switched to tomorite and the results were just as good. Tomorite is far cheaper though.

I was going to order 5 litres of chilli focus this year for £20 delivered but got distracted at my local hydro store and now I've got 10 litres of BioBizz Fish Mix I'm going to give a go instead.

Cheers Howster, as I learn more it seems I could have got away with spending a bit less for essentially the same effects, ah well, I'll know for next time. Just out of interest, how many litres of chilli focus did you get from the 300ml bottle after dilution?

Can't entirely remember. I think I used to put around 5ml into an 8litre watering can while they were growing and then upped it to 10ml as they got larger and were producing pods. Just before switching to tomorite I was also using 10ml of another growth technology fert as well as the 10ml of chilli focus.

I ended up with plants over 5 foot tall and plenty of pods so something went right.

Can't entirely remember. I think I used to put around 5ml into an 8litre watering can while they were growing and then upped it to 10ml as they got larger and were producing pods. Just before swtiching to tomorite I was also using 10ml of another growth technology fert as well as the 10ml of chilli focus.

I ended up with plants over 5 foot tall and plenty of pods so something went right.

Sounds like a bottle should last for a fair old while then. I'm loving the sound of 5 foot plants, the day of the triffids comes to Yorkshire :halo:

Yeh they had a sudden boom toward the start of autumn. Not bad considering we didnt have the best summer and I started late. Heres a couple of shots to give you an idea (12 plants in the ground, 7 in pots which spent most of their time outside)

IMAG0420.jpg

Here they were at 4 foot, can't find pics of them bigger, but the scorpion morougas had branches reaching to the very top of the greenhouse (6'+)

IMAG0423.jpg

IMAG0478.jpg

IMAG0488.jpg

IMAG0451.jpg

Dang that's a wicked looking pod.

I have used Chili Focus the past couple of years. I think the best thing about it is it contains a good dose of calcium for the plants. I used a basic tomato/pepper fertilizer with the CF the second year and got a much better results in the production of peppers. It's good but not an end all fert.

Hi guys! Do you have any idea if chili focus can be used on other plants too other than chilies? I mean it would be more easy for me to use the same liquid to feed my chilies and my aromatic plants like thyme, sage, mint, rosemary and so on. Would this affect them?

Hi guys! Do you have any idea if chili focus can be used on other plants too other than chilies? I mean it would be more easy for me to use the same liquid to feed my chilies and my aromatic plants like thyme, sage, mint, rosemary and so on. Would this affect them?

Don't be fooled By the name its just a marketing thing really. The chilli focus is suitable for Chilli's as it is for most other plants, but at the end of the day its simply an NPK fert that is balanced for good growth on plants like Chilli's (as are a number of ferts that don't have chilli in the title and are often cheaper)

Don't be fooled By the name its just a marketing thing really. The chilli focus is suitable for Chilli's as it is for most other plants, but at the end of the day its simply an NPK fert that is balanced for good growth on plants like Chilli's (as are a number of ferts that don't have chilli in the title and are often cheaper)
good to know! thanks!

Ive been using 1/2 strength Chilli Focus on my new season seedlings with very good results...Can any of you tell me at what stage could I ramp up to the full strength??

My seedlings where started under fluro and are currently on my window seal 'hardening off'. Most are up to 3 sets of true leaves.
Any advice would be great!

Cheers,

Mudsta :surprised:

Can any of you tell me at what stage could I ramp up to the full strength??

I can't, but I would suggest taking two plants at about the same stage, mark them, then give one full strength and keep one at half strength. If the full-strength one does better than the half-strength one, they're probably ready. If not, it's only one plant that's been set back a little bit.

Not the most scientifically thorough, but good enough for pepper purposes.

Back