• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Chilli Tests "NagaBon"

the Other day got to test 1 been waiting to do For Ages. The Nagabon. Its a Cross Marcel and i have been working on for a few Years and as have Heaps and they all doing the Same, thought would show everyone..

the Nagabon
nagabonplant.jpg

Good Solid Plants, that have to use heaps of thick Stakes as the Pods are Heavy and get Lots, Nova picked 1/2 a bucket last time was here

Its a Cross between a Bih Jolokia for heat and Scotch Bonnet for size and flavour.
nagabonpods.jpg

the Heat is up there and close to a Naga, the taste is Naga at start then get a sweetish twinge and not that naga bitterness, it builds and Builds all over too not in any specific area but ended up with hurting tongue so cool, they are Hot..

heres the Vid..
[video=youtube;MUzsrto_Cog]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUzsrto_Cog[/video]

see a heap of messages too, so will get in later and do them, sorry Realllllly flat out off atm but had to get on as a guy made the stupidest comment in this Vid yesterday and wanted to see if he replied to my reply LOL so thought would put vid up.

have these and basically everything else tested so far this season and all sauces, just don't have the time to put on site, so if want anything just email me

Hope ya Enjoy
Cheers
neil.

They are yummy Nate. Also very juicy.
I had a bite off the end of one of them whilst at Hippies about a month ago and it was nice, burnt good too.

Bih's are nasty hot. I have a jar of preserved ones that i use when i haven't got any fresh pods, hippy gave them to me at Sawtell about a 8-months ago and the jar is still half full.

NAGABON'S are not as hot but make up for that with bigger size, thicker walls and a more pleasant taste.

Novacastrian said:
Bih's are nasty hot. I have a jar of preserved ones that i use when i haven't got any fresh pods, hippy gave them to me at Sawtell about a 8-months ago and the jar is still half full.

NAGABON'S are not as hot but make up for that with bigger size, thicker walls and a more pleasant taste.

sounds damn good

Back