• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Chilli Tests "Yellow Bhut Jolokia"

Got these off Dave and hoped would get them grown this season YAY did

Yellow Bhuts
yellowbhuts.jpg

yellowbhut1.jpg

So as ya do, test them to see What they Like.. Mel popped up and Joined in on the test, we were both shitting ourselves thinking "oh dear, naga" but wasn't that bad and they had a sort of Familiar taste so went had a look and got a Bonda ma Jacques out .. Timmmmy , Mel and i tried a bit of each and its the same taste, just the Bonda ma is a bit more deeper flavored. Heat wise it started to build all over for me and then Peaked in a few Min, got to about 2/3 the heat of a Naga, and a Very nice Burn. Hit Mel mainly on the tongue..

her ya's go, the Yellow Bhut test
[video=youtube;NzzFTVP0Qfg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzzFTVP0Qfg[/video]

can't wait to get them in the ground and let rip next season

hope ya Enjoy
cheers
neil..

I already posted my views on Youtube.
Mel, you were rocking.
The only thing I heard most was "My Tongue, My Tongue"

NJA

Awesome Neil. Good job Mel!, Nice looking pods on your plant too. Different looking from mine. Taste like a bonda ma jaques? That could be the cross. No mutation.LOL
Nothing against Andrew or Tracy but nice to a woman doing a test with ya

cheers mate!!

Nice job Mel ;) It's good to see other people try out the pods as well since I think we can all agree that Neil has a much higher tolerance than many others. :shocked:

Great video as usuall! Keep the taste tests comming Neil!

You too Mel, good job ;)

BTW those green pods look just like my Fatali's

Thanks guys, Neil is truly awesome in his chilli eating and growing abilities!!! I had a great afternoon and yeah... no need to be as nervous as i was... i think i'll soon be graduating to whole pods :)

mel said:
Thanks guys, Neil is truly awesome in his chilli eating and growing abilities!!! I had a great afternoon and yeah... no need to be as nervous as i was... i think i'll soon be graduating to whole pods :)

That was awesome!!

I'm impressed and can't wait for the next vid! :woohoo:

Got to get me some of the seeds of that one. LOL. And learn how to grow Chilies alot better. I'm hoping to get a better year this year and get my plants from last year bigger and better, but still won't look as good as Neil's

Great vid. I got a real kick out of you mel when you said that it wasn't that bad, but were very adamant that you weren't going to finish it off :lol:. I wouldn't have eaten the rest of it either and I doubt I could've handled as much as you did so hats off to you!

Back