spirits Chilli Vodka

Bought a bottle of Vodka this arvo and made my Chilli Vodka.

This is going to be great next to the fire over winter....... with a bucket to drool into

I added 2 fresh 7 Pots and 2 Devil tongues strait off the bush. I cut out the seeds as i didnt want seeds floating around in there. They arent the hot bit anyway, as some think they are.

I shit myself when i shook it up and saw yellow drops of pure capsicum oil floating around.

They are slowly getting smaller and less abundent as they disolve into solution :hell:

What have i done :mouthonfire:

cheers

Vodkawithchilli.jpg

Vodkawithchillioils.jpg

Nice one!

Yeah, I've had some of Nova's Liquid Insanity....a taste of that stuff packed in with about 20 Dorsets in a woozie is just unreal. The hottest thing I've ever tasted.

Fortunatly, it was a shorter burn than the actual chile would have given fresh.

Kinda thought I'd stop breathing for the first 30 seconds...lol

Why is that IGG?

I had not tried it before and was impresses with how clean it was. No hot alcahol burn..... almost soft in the mouth.

And it was fairly cheap.....

I tasted some tonight....... its still got lots of small yellow blobs of pain floating in it.

BOOM........ your on fire instantly.....and it just keeps giving. 7 Pots are like that. Burnt me for a good 10 min, slowly dying down.

about habanero heat and that was what i was aiming for. I could have jammed 2 doz 7 pots in there but it wouldnt have enjoyed it as much.

It also have a great chilli aroma.

very happy!

cheers

great looking stuff Tony...I put a bunch of wild tepins, probably 40 in a bottle of Quervo Gold last year and let it sit for 30 days before tasting...it was dang to hot to drink...but I managed to finish it anyway...

I drink Absolut vodka, and put some habs in a bottle. Was good, particularly when chilled. Add to tomato juice for bloody mary's.

I was quite intregued with how the 7's float and the Devil TOngues sank?

I love the flavour of these chillis as well..... far better flavour than habs and the 2 different flavours are shaping up to be great in the vodka.

will shelve it for another week and give it another shot.

cheers

imaguitargod said:
Finlandia is a very smooth vodka so it will really show the flavors of what you are infussing it with.

What about Ketel one? IMO its way smoother than finlandia, although after the 9 or 10th shot i really couldnt tell anymore.:lol:

Sickmont said:
What about Ketel one? IMO its way smoother than finlandia, although after the 9 or 10th shot i really couldnt tell anymore.:lol:
I have it from a good source who researched it and that's what he told me.

: shrug :

Theres no going back now Tony! I used absolute vodka to make my drinkable version but right now i have a bot of shine (50%) with about a dozen dried Dorsets put in there and some Aji Lemon for a little citrus. One cannot drink this but in is a vital ingrediant for my beef jerky, one drop sets the world on fire!

You are going to love getting through your fire water mate, it rocks.

Novacastrian said:
One cannot drink this but in is a vital ingrediant for my beef jerky, one drop sets the world on fire!

He's not kidding. I tried like a 1/4 tsp and about killed myself... AIEEE!
1.gif

Just remember to breathe...I couldn't for like 20 seconds and wsa a bit hectic about it. ;)

I thought about using some to deglaze a pan of onions, chiles and mushrooms I was cooking for a brekky...but decided that would be a bit too crazy. It might end up as a flambe...o0..

8.gif
IDEA! Use it to flambe some Bananas Foster!!!!

imaguitargod said:
PM sent. It's on! Let's see if you can best The Naga Overlord. :hell:

It MUST be youtubed!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a batch of Bents 68% moonshine with orange habs and a 7 pot in it and that is wicked stuff.......

It's been sitting for about 6 months now and all the colour has soaked out of the chillis. I love it and it is HOT!

Back