• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Chilli Whisperer-2014/2015-South Africa

Hey everybody

Well,I'm back,and I am as ready as ever.
Lsst year was my first year and yes,there were a lot of
mistakes,but it was okay :)
This year I am detormined to have an awesome grow,let's just hope
mother nature plays along well ;)

This year I am growing many variaties,but I'll give my
full grow list later.
For now I am planting 100 7pot bubblegum seeds.
I will be planting a total of 250 bubblegum seeds.
I would like to thank Brain Strain Pepper Head for the seeds. He's realy a swell guy :)

No pics yet,but as soon as I have seedlings!

I will be planting them in seedling trays and keeping them
inside a barrel with a lightbulb to keep it warm.
Let's hope all works out this season.

I also know its a little early to start,but I was thinking it would be
better since I have many varieties to grow.

Winter is very cold here so I will grow the seedlings indoors
and plant them out once its warmer and they are big enough.

Thanks
J

Ok,a lot has been happening.
I've been away from home for a week since my parents have gone to Johannesburg,so my brother and I had to live at my girlfriends' house for that week,since I'm back home again,I took a look at the seedlings. Unfortunately a few have died,but there are some that made it...still bummed though :(. I did water them well before I left.
A lot of cool variaties haven't even germinated,like reapers,and my only sepia serpant also died out :(
Oh well,a lot have made it. I will try and take some pics tonight and post them tomorrow :)
Some seedlings have started developing their first sets of leaves.
I may also be going to Johannesburg before the end of the year for a week or two for a funeral,so I'll have to make a plan and ask someone to check on the seedlings for me.
Thanks
J

Hey J, sorry about the deaths... not nice. If you can, a computer linked to some sprinklers will do the trick when you are away and can't water your plants. A week is just too long with these temps we are having. Especially at the seedling stage. But good news some have made it :)

Hey Lourens :) thanks,I'll be looking out for that idea :P
Yesterday I planted yet another batch of seeds,hoping that I might have a higher germination rate :P
Here is a pic of my CARDI yellow scorpions I took real quick :)
http://rs1367.pbsrc.com/albums/r790/Jacobus16/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG-20141026-00037_zpsc05e6a05.jpg~320x480?t=1414420099
Hope posting it the right way again,kinda forgot how lol
Hmmmm,seems I forgot how to post a pic :\ let's try again
http://rs1367.pbsrc.com/albums/r790/Jacobus16/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG-20141026-00037_zpsc05e6a05.jpg~320x480?t=1414420099

Update time!everything seems to be going fine,looks like the 7ppot bubblegums are growing faster! I'll be away from home for a while since I'm on my way to pretoria tonight,so the gardener will water the seedlings for me.....let's just hope they make it!

Yeah J, Follow what Devv said.

If not use imgur.com to host the pics. It's a very easy site to use and they have a great user interface. It's its own community as well. They give you many options to use and can copy the image directly into the post if needed.

I use BBCode to post images and it works like a charm for images and videos.

Damit! Just got home,and I saw that ALL of my 7 pot bubblegums have died out! I can't believe that the gardener let them all die after I asked him to take care of it! Damit!
I can't start new seeds because in a few days or between one or 2 weeks I'm going up to Johannesburg again for a funeral,so no one will be able to take care of them :( SO bumbed out!
Will try and take foto's later

Update time
I have some bad news :
When I went away to Johannesburg the other week,we asked a farm worker to take care of my seedlings,it was just for a week. Well,when we got back,first thing I did was check the seedlings....all DEAD.
I was furiouse and so dissapointed,my dad didn't like the words coming out of my mouth...YIKES!
Well,there isn't much I can't do :(
I bassicly planted l the seeds I had left and I'm hoping to get a good season.
I'm gonna have to go to Johannesburg sometime soon again since my grandfather has cancer and the doctors say he will probably not make it this year,so I'll be there for 3 weeks,I'm planning on asking my friend here on the farm to check my seedlings as he has some experience with plants.
Its super hot here so germination won't be too hard,let's just hope these seeds will germinate and make it as I have never been good at growing superhots and I might be lucky enough to taste some victory and hopefully get a bumper crop.
NEVE again will I ask these farm workers to look after my plants,cause they will probably die again...
But I will update as soon as there is some growth going on,at least my habanero's are getting some nice pods

J

Back