• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Chillie Whisperer's South African Glog-2013

Hi everyone,so,this will be my verey first attempt to start a glog,I live on a farm in SA in the Western Cape.
I AM still attending school (9th grade) and I will try my very best.
I just want to thank Lourens (PeriPeri)
And Conor (Saugapapper) for the fantastic seeds,you guys are awesome!

I will grow:
PeriPeri : mozambique
Habanero Orange
Peach Habanero
Jalapeno
7pot red
7pot brainstrain yellow
Yellow Fattali
Choc habanero
Billy Boy Douglah
Butch T Scorpion

The rest I can't remember,will send the full list tomorrow

I am in exam stage in school so things will be hectic,anyways,wish me luck,thanks.

They'll like the potting soil, it does dry faster though.

The seaweed extract is great for the soil. I usually don't hit any of mine with anything until they are 5 or 6"s tall and start with a reduced mix.

Once they are around 10"s tall I give them a full strength mix every two weeks.

I think you will find that the growth will accelerate one the seedlings are in potting soil and get some seaweed. I usually get the pellets and sprinkle them around the roots when transplanting. Once the roots tap the pellets it's WHAM... and those plants just go turbo! Just take care when breaking the soil around the roots... it looks on your pics like it could be hard (the soil).

Definitely,I can already see that the peppers like the new soil,some small new green leaves are forming,still not out,but in about 2 weeks they'll be bigger :)

Nice blog bud. I'm down in Capetown, grew some peppers about 10 years ago, then the bug bit again this year :-)

I'll be mailing off all your seeds this week too, I'll post the exact day, so you can keep an eye out for them. :dance:

Hey J, your seedlings are looking great - just take your time and don't be too tempted to get them in the soil too soon - patience is a virtue ;)

Thank you Penny :) I can't wait! I'm sure those tomatos will be awesome :P

Thank you Lourens :). Yea,I made a lot of mistakes,but you know what they say,you gotta make mistakes to learn something. Hopefully I'll be having shade netting bofre my birthday hits,and then the seedlings (wich would be bigger) would have a perfect home :). I already miced some mushroom compost into the ground,so that will help a lot.

Hi J, this is true - we learn from our mistakes. But you are doing great - here's holding thumbs that you get shade netting for your Birthday ;)

It happens....stressing over tests  ;)  Any idea what you want to do after high school? I've got one in University here. :dance:

Back