• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Chillies Portugal

Hi,

what do you think about this chillies? Healthy? 

What do you think happens in the chilli of the photo number 1? Have any idea?

Regards from Portugal
Tiago

Attachments

• IMG_2037.jpg
    IMG_2037.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_2035.jpg
    IMG_2035.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_2036.jpg
    IMG_2036.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_2038.jpg
    IMG_2038.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 79
tiago said:
Also no... I think something nutricional... 

You are "thinking" something nutritional.  OK, please elaborate, then, on why you believe this, and why the quick dismissal of the broad mite issue.  
Have you checked for mites?  Do you know what you're looking for?  Have you ever seen the damage that is caused by broad mites?  Why do you think that one of your plants has a nutritional issues, but all of the others look healthy?
Your plant looks like about a thousand other cases that have landed in this forum, which turned out to be broad mites. 

I've adapted an "if in doubt, spray it" mindset when it comes to dealing with broad mites because their damage is arguably the worst out of any manner of small pest. If they poison a growing tip it can take weeks before it recovers and starts making normal leaves again.

They messed up all of my shishito plants and they're annoying enough that it's making me consider sticking to baccatums and other species they don't seem to target.

Takanotsume said:
They messed up all of my shishito plants and they're annoying enough that it's making me consider sticking to baccatums and other species they don't seem to target.

Nope. Baccatums are some of the worst hit.  Not necessarily because they tend to be favorites, but because the damage takes the longest to reverse.  
Broad mites don't discriminate.  They will target everything in your garden.  Even the weeds.

I must just be lucky that they haven't touched any of my Aji Limon plants despite them being in extremely close proximity to the shishitos that got hit.

That or their damage just looks different on the limons then the other plants and I haven't noticed it yet...

solid7 said:

You are "thinking" something nutritional.  OK, please elaborate, then, on why you believe this, and why the quick dismissal of the broad mite issue.  
Have you checked for mites?  Do you know what you're looking for?  Have you ever seen the damage that is caused by broad mites?  Why do you think that one of your plants has a nutritional issues, but all of the others look healthy?
Your plant looks like about a thousand other cases that have landed in this forum, which turned out to be broad mites. 
Hi,

but i cant see any insects. Some thrips in flowers. 

Broad mites we can see at open eyes right?

Thanks.

Back