• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Chillifreak's 2014 grow list

Hi all, I had a great growing season last year with my Moruga Scorpions and My Bishops's crowns.
I still have 6 Morugas and 2 Bishop's Crowns.

This year i will be growing

Jalapenos (Telica) x 24
Moruga Scorpions x 24
Bishops Crown x 48 (already Planted Pics soon)
Orange Habanero x 8
Banana sweet x 8
Hungarian Wax x 8

pics and updates soon

they would only cross if you planted them the prior year, and kept seed and got cross pollinated then.

just putting them next to each other wont change the pepper characteristics, unless you keep the "crossed" seed and re-grow it.

Then I guess I got bad seeds or they aren't fully formed yet, they get more rounded and develop that "sting" as they ripen. Also I keep my soil always moist, never allowing it to dry, so there is that.

hey all, update time. things have been hectic on my end, but now I wanna update things

here we have my indoor TMS under lights transplanted.

IMG_5957_zpsabd440a8.jpg

A close up

_MG_5961_zps2460f3d1.jpg

My others taken outdoors
Sorry about the burned out pic, my camera was acting up. i promise better pics next time.
_MG_5962_zps678feda0.jpg

Woot! I just got myself some land, approx 0.3Ha, which means I can grow a lot more stuff, I'm planning on developing the back end into a food forest. More pepper updates toomorow

Its been a while since my last update.

but here are more pics

My Hungarian Wax Peppers in their final 9 liter pots

20140605_074339_zpsr2tqntss.jpg

The rest of the peppers, The Banana are goin to be transplanted when i have space to pu their pots.

20140605_074356_zpsmd0xcvye.jpg

My Remaining Jalapeno, the other one died :(

20140605_074405_zpsrfosi1pf.jpg

I will update when something major happens. it is winter now so growth is slow.
see you soon

I have been away for too long.

But its for a good reason, ive been busy on the new land, Erecting posts, putting up gates and getting paperwork sorted.

Anyhow! the peppers are doing great (even though it really cold) pic tomorrow.

I reacieved 20 varieties of HOT Pepper seeds from Prazzie (thanks a bunch) some of them are realy taking off. im growing these mostly for the fun of it and i might make them into chilli powders.  :fireball: . i cant have hot peppers anymore for a while cos i hurt my tongue  :snooty: .

so im growing more sweet pepper like.

• Cubanelle
  • Chocolate beauty
  • Piemento de Padron
  • Pepperdew
  • Pepperoncini
  • Spanish fryer pepper
Anyone know any other flavourful sweet - mild peppers? and seeds to share  :pray: . thank a bunch . pic updates tomorrow.

Back