• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Chilliman`s GROW THREAD 09` - & Construction of my pollytunnels

SeeYouJimmy said:
Nice big yard you have there Chilliman, you'll be very busy soon.
The orange habs don't look like any I've ever grown, is that the plant in the far left of the picture?

At least it was a hab ! lol It has been naturally crossed with the numex I think, over the past couple of years. Still bloody hot & hab flavour !
And seems to produce more and more pods each season.

The biggest yard, I think I can have without owning a farm ! lol
And there is nothing but paddocks behind me also ! And spoken to owner for future development if needed.

chilliman said:
Thanks Patrick,
Sorta dream job! Worked my arse of in high stress environment for many years, So in a sense this is a VERY long term business/ retiremnt plan.:pray:

I can see my self as an old dude playing with my chillis, getting my fix.:drunk:

Got it right there my friend, it is clearly obvious that you are not after a large paypacket.

Kudos.

Novacastrian said:
Got it right there my friend, it is clearly obvious that you are not after a large paypacket.

Kudos.
Been there done that, and the wife still works hard enough for 6 people !

So im keen to just :party: with :hot: chillis the rest of my life !.....:woohoo:

You're going to need a sturdy lawn chair and a very large cooler. Since you don't have any real close neighbors to the back you don't have to go inside to drain the lizard. Whizzing outdoors while gazing upon an acre of chilli's, it doesn't get any better than that. I am jealous.

THANX patrick,
I worked my arse off to get here though, as a city executive.

So a very welcomed change of pace and life style !

Bar fridge and hamock was a quick editions to the back yard! lol
We plan to build a big coal BBQ also which will run pretty much ALL WINTER - for both pizza and HEATING OF THE POLLYTUNNELS. lol

We should have the BOBCAT in really soon to demo ! And the tunnel construction begins !
Will have photos up before end of month.

UP DATE-

Here is what I just purchased !!!

19.5M - CLOCHE - POLLYTUNNEL

Will have construction photos over next 2 weeks.

SEEDLINGS IN - Propergation

Fatalli
Choc Fatalli
Bhut Jolokia
Choc Bhut Jolokia
Scotch Bonnett Red
Naga Morich
7 POTS
Trinidad Scorpion
Aji Panca
Yellow Habanero
Dorset naga
Red Savina
Choc habanero
Chiltepin
Penis pepper red

Cuttings -

Black plum
Big Thai hot
Black Cuban

Thanks JR,
The tunnels will arrive WEN, And I have to plot it out and lay a bed with irragation.
The price is great when you take all things in to consderation to build one unless you souce 2nd hand material .

Any advice or tips - please post ! I know there is going to be heaps of issues !
I was going to build my own - But after consideration of some designs ,
polly tunnel design 1

I decided to go with a STEEL FRAME !
IAN

have you thought about the orientation of the tunnel?...east-west may be your best bet don't you think?

I figured I would have it opposed to the sun..
So we have sun rise in east set west , so I was thinking north south facing .?

What do you think ?

All of my polytunnels and glasshouses are north/south facing; most of our winds come from a south/southeast/southwest direction, so for me, facing everything north/south means that I get maximum air flow through the structures when the doors are open (there are doors either end of the tunnels which are removed completely for the summer).

the wind here in north texas generally comes from the south or southeast and that is one reason I have my green house east/west...to reduce the amount of wind...my plants can't stand 35-40 mph winds...and in the summertime, the covering of the greenhouse will come off and be replaced with shade cloth...

I have alot of garden and trees so the wind is not direct for me.

And looking at the back yard over last couple of months and best light is avalible in north south direction, it should not have shady areas inside the tube at any time of the day.... ( i hope)

Back