• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

condiment Chillimans Bhut Chilli Spicenxt

I will keep this simple.

This latest offering from the Chilliman is simply the best dry spice i have ever tried.

Everyone that i offered a sample to this morning was mighty impressed by the taste and only my father had issues with the heat level.

My initial impression was that it had kind of a chicken salt flavour but then it took on a whole new kind of flavour.

THIS STUFF IS AWESOME AND EVERYONE SHOULD TRY IT AT LEAST ONCE IN THEIR RATHER SHORT LIVES.

I will be buying this stuff for sure and will use it on everything from roast chicken to beef jerky, i really cant explain in words how good this stuff is. Actually i am rather shocked that the chilliman would sent me this and not keep it all to himself!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------

I also received some of his lemon preserve and some Ghost pepper sauce, more to come on the sauce later but i will tell you this much, IT'S BLOODY HOT.:hell:

Thanx for your kind words Nova, heheh - I have been working on that mix for a long time..... I hope its finally right :)
Your right great for all things really, if you like heat or the misses dose not cook with enough spice use it! I made it to use on game meat in the bush.... it great after a hard day of waiting for that BUCK (deer) in winter, when you get that beautiful meaty back loin and roast her up on a stick with a bit of the BHUT SPICE....... YUMMMMY... I think Venison is the best, but my brother swears by it for fish too, he wont eat fish & chicken with out it.... bit of lemon put in foil.... Its got a different taste depending on what you are using it on...... one thing is for sure its yummy and it will heat up anything with out changing the taste to much in moderation and can also be a taste by itself.......

I will have to get the other spices over to you Nova...try makeing chilli crumbed chicken wings we did that the other night dipped in Jungle Juice, yummy !!!

I look forward to the sauce reviews....
:shocked: then :mouthonfire:? [ :lol: ]

Is this one of the the 15grm packs on your site chilliman? I see the bhutspiceXXX and the hab/guajillo powders. My interest has been piqued.

Gonna get an order together soon. Waiting a few days for my paypal to post up.

Right on. You'll be hearin' from me soon. Just got an order in from Neil yesterday, so now I want to try some of your stuff next. I like all the Aussie stuff I see. Like stuff that's different from the reg round here.

On a sidenote- that's cool you have dried epazote. A lot of folks even right here by Mex don't know it/carry it.

Niels stuff is AWSOME, I love his jungle juice for an every day sauce.. We aussie love hot hot, and I never seem to find anything good that is fruit based and arse dropping hot..... (I am not a fan of sweet.) The Jungle Juice is the closest I have found.... But it aint real hot just great flavour.

"I wanted a sauce that would burn like a cut dipped in lemon juice. But gives you a delectable flavour easily recognised. I think I nailed it"....:)
CM

ps The epazote is great stuff.... HARD to get though.

I would keep the heat leval where it is now CM, i could do hotter but for most "normal" (hate that word) it would be bang on. It made my father hurt. :)

New one is on its way soon Nova - HAB & Guajillo with freeze dried hot green chilli. And a `punch` of different spices and herbs to round it off as a Aussie HOT spice for FLAVOUR, so can be used as RUB and seasoning.

Almost has a green tea flavor with berry and Tropical Hab overtones adding a sweet`ish flavor and great heat to any recipes, sauces, soups and stews.

... I luv that stuff... never thought anybody else would, because most being sauce lovers ! But it seems to do the trick nicely... try it as seasoning on red meat, chicken, fish, noodles, chilli concarne, and shake some on taco meat when cooking, or stir fry.... etc etc etc BEFORE and AFTER for maximum flavour.
With out the back labels: It is a very unique orange`ish colour too ! ;)
020-3.jpg

Helluva job on the mix Ian. Has a damn good kick (spiciest dry mix in my cupboard right now) but there's more to it than the burn. Anybody can make hot, but not everyone can do proper blends of spices.

boutros said:
Helluva job on the mix Ian. Has a damn good kick (spiciest dry mix in my cupboard right now) but there's more to it than the burn. Anybody can make hot, but not everyone can do proper blends of spices.

I like putting some in a bowl and tipping the end of a piece of string cheese into it.

Sounds retarded, but try it, it's delicious.

Back