wanted Chiltepin Amarillo Seeds Wanted

Hi, Does anybody have any chiltepin amarillo seeds they can part with?
I will be happy to pay for some.

Thanks a bunch,
Don

My plant has green pods now.
If the seed was pure then I'll have some soon if the mites don't mess with me again.
All my other plants are dead or budless so the seeds from my plant will be pure I think.
My seeds were from 2 sources/trades,don't think they were isolated...

Hi smokemaster, thanks for the reply, please let me know how the turn out.
Hopefully they will turn yellow (amarillo).

Did you ever find your Amarillo seeds? Amarillo's are orange like your pic, Wild Brazil Chiltepins are yellow

Strange that they would name a orange pepper Amarillo.I have Amarillo's and they are orange, I've been looking for Wild Brazil and there yellow.http://www.chileplants.com/search.asp?ProductCode=CHIWBR&SizeID=&ChileForm=&SearchMode=simple&LengthID=&WidthID=&HeightID=&OrientationID=&FoliageID=&FleshID=&UseID=&Color=&Location=&Keyword=&HeatID=&TypeID=12&DeterminancyID=&CategoryID=1&SeasonID=&NewProduct=&Letter=&SearchButton=Pressed

Thanks for the welcome POTAWIE

Pic. looks like the pods on my plant.
mine are still green...
My seeds were from chris and another person.

I think my wild Brazil were red pods...

Did you ever find your Amarillo seeds? Amarillo's are orange like your pic, Wild Brazil Chiltepins are yellow

Yes i did find some. The pic in my avatar is a wild Chiltepin or as we call them here in San Antonio "Chili Petin"

It turns from green to orange to red.

tepin_11-21-10.jpg

http://texasbestmarketing.com/ChilePetin.html

I hope cmpman1974 will see this thread. He sent me Chiltepin amarillo seeds and he described them as ripening to yellow

One of the seeds I got were from pods from this plant baught from chileplants.com according to the person I got them from.

http://www.chileplants.com/search.asp?ProductCode=CHIAMA&SizeID=&ChileForm=&SearchMode=simple&LengthID=&WidthID=&HeightID=&OrientationID=&FoliageID=&FleshID=&UseID=&Color=&Location=&Keyword=&HeatID=&TypeID=&DeterminancyID=&CategoryID=1&SeasonID=&NewProduct=&Letter=C&SearchButton=Pressed

The plant outside I think is from Chris's seeds.
The dry pods the other guy sent were Yellow not orange.

I got my plants from chileplants.com
The peppers on the left are Texas Chiltepins the ones on the right are Amarillo's, the box is for reference. The camera flash makes them look lighter in color.
Chileplants describes Amarillo's as being golden yellow.
img2390y.jpg

Hey everyone. I grew this variety (C. annuum) in 2010. The plant growth was identical to the typical red tepins, but the pods matured a yellowish/orange color. I would lean more towards yellow. It was a moderate producer and a slow grower. It is unusual though. I enjoyed it. It is the only Tepin I have ever seen that turned yellow. There are C. chinense varieties that produce round small yellow pods, but this is very different. I hope that helps.

Chris

Back