• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Chiltepin and Peruvian Habanero Help

At the beginning of April I purchased a small Chiltepin and Peruvian Habanero from Kearley Seeds here in Houston.  Now, right at 2 months, this is what I got.  Obviously, the Chiltepin has done really well but the Peruvian Habanero seems to be lagging.  It's developing a ton of leaves as of the last few weeks (it was producing very little growth at all the first month) but it's very far behind the Chiltepin.  They both were roughly the same size when I planted them in the container.

Any thoughts?  They are in a courtyard that has them receiving direct sun roughly 8 hours of the day before the shade of my house covers them.  I've been keeping the container topped off with water and supplementing with a little seaweed concentrate (as suggested by Kearley) per gallon of water added.  For all I know this may be proper growth....it just seems like the Habanero is very far behind and the leaves look a little too crinkled in comparison to other photos I've seen.  This is obviously my first shot at growing peppers and really my first shot at growing anything so I'm rather inexperienced.

Thanks for any help in advance!

Back